X

After a bath and a change of clothes, Mi An and Xu Yang were now in Mi An's room chatting alone.

❝A divorce? ❞Mi An said shocked.

❝Yes, An An.❞ Xu Yang said taking a snack from the tray and placing it in her mouth.

❝But why? ❞Mi An asked worried about her friend.

A divorce from the Emperor isn't going to he easy, and also her image will be ruined if she is a divorcee, especially after being Empress.

❝If I tell you...Will you believe me, An An?❞ Xu Yang said looking at Mi An with empty eyes as her voice sounded weak.

Mi An's anxiety increased.

❝I will, I swear.❞ Mi An said placing her hand on her friend's to comfort her.

Xu Yang smiled sad and explained the whole past life she had, how she died and then waked up again back in time.  Mi An listened in silence without interrupting.

❝I can't believe it... I mean I believe everything you said, but to things he did that and you ended up so miserably. I get it now, Yang Yang. I will help you to get that divorce and if he doesn't agree you'll run away, my country will keep you safe. ❞

❝An An... I don't want to create troubles, if I run away, Saju will be the first place he will be searching in. What if he declared war?❞Xu Yang said sad.

❝Then so be it! I will beat his ass for treating my best friend poorly!❞ Mi An stood up raising her voice.

❝I apreciate you trying to help me, but I won't take you and your people on this deadly path. I can't.❞

❝Then what will you do?❞

❝I will try first to tell him I want a divorce. If it doesn't work like that I'll try with Empress Dowager, but knowing that she is fond of me, she may try to convince me to stay. My last option is to start acting shameless and do everything I can to piss him and make him divorce me himself.❞ Xu Yang said sighing thinking about the worry scenarios.

She thought about her family, what if they are dragged in this? If her father hears she wants a divorce, he would do anything to get me out of the Palace, even rebel and attack the Emperor. My brothers will probably join him and this will only end in bloodshed, which she didn't wanted. All Xu Yang can hope is a peaceful divorce from Zhang Wan.

"I mean he doesn't like me anyways so logically he would agree with this, right?" She thought.

As the two women were talking about ways for Xu Yang to end her marriage, Zhang Wan was walking in the garden looking at the bright moon. He thinked about today's events. Seeing how good Xu Yang and Mi An got along he felt jealous.
" Jealous? This can't be. But when she laughed so bright at Mi An while ignoring me it made me feel miserable. I don't get it, I dislike Xu Yang, I did so from the beginning. So why I feel like this now?"
He couldn't help but frown. The woman he loved, Mu Jong, appears to be nothing but a shameless woman. Thinking about her made his head hurt, thinking about the truth behind the letters and her potential affair. Didn't he gave her everything he could? And this is how she repays him?

The next day, the three meet in the dining room having breakfast. The energy was pretty tense as Mi An looked with disgust at Zhang Wan.

❝Is something the matter, your majesty? ❞he asked looking at Mi An.

❝Nothing, your highness.❞ Mi An turned her head and looked at Xu Yang who ate in peace.

❝Yang Yang, let's see the capital today, I want to show you my favorite places.❞ Mi An said excited.