1: And their lives changed

Stephen wasn't weird. He was a completely normal kid. The strangest thing about him was his last name; Strange. And yet he had always had a hard time making friends.

He never felt lonely, but he knew he was. He knew everything. Everything he'd been taught during his eight year old life, all because of his Eidedic memory. He was a remarkable child, and despite being able to flip through his knowledge like all of it was written down in a book he always declined skipping a year.

He knew he was lonely and he liked it that way. He never had anyone by his side apart from his guardian, so when he made a friend of his own he became obsessed.

Who was that friend? Another miracle child; Tony Stark.

Tony Stark and Stephen Strange were inseparable when they first met and were so for all eternity. That was the plan. Their plan, their friends' plan and, hell, even God's plan. How did it start? What was it like? To have a friend like they were?

&

March 18th 2011

"You're always alone," said a voice, coming from the right of Stephen. The boy looked up from his picture book filled with as many animals as a book of one hundred pages can fit. In front of Stephen stood a boy of his age, brown - nearly hazel - eyes and dark brown hair. Hadn't it been sunny out his hair would've given the illusion of a black spiky mop.

"Yes," Stephen replied, unsure of what else to say. It had been the truth, after all.

"Do you like books? I do," said the boy before Stephen could answer the question and he sat down next to Stephen.

Of course Stephen remembered seeing this boy all around the school playground, surrounded by heaps of people and friends. Probably the most extroverted person he'd ever come across. He didn't seem like the type to like books.

"Do you like this book?" Asked Stephen. He handed the book to the brunet and he lit up, flipping through the pages.

"I love animals! I want a cat but my dad don't like them," exclaimed the boy, whose name Stephen hadn't learned. He only ever saw him during recess and was never interested enough to listen to kids yelling.

"I don't have a favorite animal," said Stephen, "all of them are so different." The brunet smiled and gave the book back.

"I'm Anthony!" Anthony held out his hand, beaming with a blinding smile. Stephen was taken aback but shook his hand.

"I'm Stephen."

"Do you like being alone during recess? If you don't, you can play with me and my friends!"

Stephen smiled but shook his head. Anthony tilted his and his shoulders lightly sank. The concept of someone choosing to be alone wasn't something Tony had ever thought of as an extroverted child.

"I like reading better," he admitted, shielding his eyes from the sun.

"I like reading too... which book is your favorite?" Asked Anthony and actually sat down next to Stephen.

"I don't know. There are so many."

Then the bell rung, making all the kids take their time to go back inside. No one wanted to be in a classroom on such a sunny day, but they had to. Anthony frowned, realizing he had to leave Stephen and probably not see him again until next week.

"If you want to play with us you can. It was nice to meet you, Stephen," smiled Tony and stretched out his hand for Stephen to shake.

"You too." They shook hands and went their separate ways.

That was the start of a long friendship.

&

The very next day Anthony saw Stephen sitting on a small hill where there used to be a slide, but they removed it for whatever reason. Now no one was up there which was why he liked being there in the first place.

Upon seeing the lonely boy Anthony hurried inside, careful not to get caught by a teacher who'd clearly tell him off for going inside during recess, to find his book on animals which he brought to school specifically for Stephen.

Twenty minutes left, thought Anthony and dashed outside again.

Once Happy, one of Anthony's friends, saw Anthony's book he instantly realized that he wouldn't be joining them that time and kept playing in the very unstable wooden fort in the middle of the big sandbox.

"Hi, Stephen!" Greeted Anthony enthusiastically, making the boy jump and turn around.

"Hi," Stephen replied calmly, catching the book in Anthony's hands. The book was probably the width of both of their heads and two inches thick.

"You said you liked animals, but didn't know which one is your favorite. We can find out!"

"Okay," Stephen agreed and let Anthony sit down next to him. They flipped through about twelve pages until the bell rang and they had to return to classes.

They read about classics like Tigers, sharks, wildebeest, cheetahs, armadillos, bearcats, crocodiles and even axolotls.

"I love penguins," cooed Anthony and pointed to the picture in the book. Stephen recalled the film 'Happy Feet' and found the picture looked like one of those 'Hispanic' or 'Mexican' penguins, even if they were from the Antarctic.

"I like pengwengs too."

"What?"

"Penglengs...?"

"Penguins, Stephen."

"Panguins." "Pingulings."

"Pen-guin."

After that Stephen flipped the page to move on to the next animal, but then they had to return inside. At that point he'd been hanging out with Anthony two days in a row, and he was scared he'd leave the next day. Stephen was so excited to finish that book.

Loneliness is fine, but being cut off while reading a book? Unacceptable.

"Bye, Stephen!" Shouted Tony as he dashed inside, almost like he realized he had been late. Stephen wasn't a child of energy so he waved to Anthony before calmly making his way inside.

&&&

Finally a story for my second otp! This has been so much fun writing and I have many plans for this story, which I usually don't bc planning ain't my thing bc how tf am I supposed to plan a WHOLE entire book...thing...

NE-WAY I hope y'all like this story

This was a short chapter but still, hope it's intriguing enough!