9 - Domestic science

May 6th

"Hi," said Stephen and sat down on the passenger's seat next to Tony, throwing his things into the backseat where Tony's own things were. Including a bunch of cookie cutters. Cookie cutters? Best not to say anything.

"Hey, hot stuff. Excited for our only class together?" Tony immediately drove off. Stephen noted the music he had been listening to before briefly parking outside the sanctum, Harvey by Hers.

"No," he teased. "But seems like you are." Stephen cocked his head to the backseat and chuckled in that low tone his voice had. An exceptional voice. There were many times when Tony nearly asked Stephen to — over the phone or FaceTime — read him to sleep but he refrained from it.

"Well, not because of you? Duh?" Tony said in an exaggerated British accent. "I just want free food."

"You're a millionaire, genius."

"— playboy, philanthropist, but thanks for reminding me I almost forgot about that one."

"Shush."

Tony went on to talking about the upcoming summer and how 'excited he was to switch to his summer car'. Imagine being so privileged you get to switch cars season to season. Stephen — the one destined to check Tony's ego — commented on this and lead Tony to look ashamed and keep concentrated on the road.

"Silent, are we?" Questioned Stephen, a smirk Tony would happily slap right off his face.

"You just told me 'shush' of course I'd be quiet," he responded. "Concentrated, Stephen, look at this traffic."

"Lies, lies, lies, you stole your fathers Formula-1 car with confidence you could win the Grand Prix."

"I didn't drive in traffic!"

"The only thing that stopped you were the five foot walls!"

"Give yourself some credit, your offer to scratch me any time I ask was one hell of an offer."

"You drive a surprisingly low bargain."

"Be grateful. I could've asked you to take the blame." They were silent for a few seconds before Tony spoke again, but he was shut down by a tired Stephen. "Did you call me a good driver?"

"Shut up."

"Okay."

The pair got out of the car once Tony parked outside the school and the shorter boy (Tony) couldn't keep his feelings to himself, so his face showed disappointment once he saw people walking out of the parking lot with the school flags and colors. Stephen gave him silent comfort by putting a hand on his shoulder and lightly pulling him away from the scene and into the building.

"Think on the bright side, and there are many might I add," began Stephen, walking confidently at Tony's side with his arm still around his shorter friend's shoulder. Tony sighed. "I heard we're making some British dessert thing, and no one can take away the fact you're the Iron Man of the team. You're one of a kind, all right?" Stephen assured.

"Whatever," muttered Tony and shrugged. Stephen rolled his eyes but with a present easy smile before stopping at Tony's locker with him. The didn't have the same classes in the morning, only after lunch. It was going to be a long 'before lunch'.

Lucky for Stephen he was going to a class which he came to like a lot recently, biology. But only because he was Pepper's partner. It was too early to say but it felt like they were becoming friends. Stephen still had this thing with being uncertain if people really wanted to be nice to him or be friends with him.