11: Mysterious People

May 6th

"Phew," breathed Stephen after pulling off the helmet, his hair looking like he'd been caught up in a whirlwind. "That was the best thing I've ever done."

"Right?!" Steve exclaimed. "If this isn't freedom then I don't know what is."

"Thanks for taking me."

"Anytime." Steve patted Stephen on the back before they went to the front doors to put in the code. Steve normally would've called Tony so he could drive the motorcycle into the garage but they were faster, surprisingly.

It got slightly awkward once they entered the elevator and traveled sixty floors. Talking in an elevator — nightmare material. It's so canned and compact, your voice sounds weird.

Eventually they could step out of the elevator and thankfully Steve decided to talk and ask Stephen a question. It was one he contemplated about the entire elevator ride, he didn't want to come off as disrespectful. Maybe it wasn't a big deal but you never know how strangers could really feel.

"May I ask what the white spots in your hair are? I'm sorry if it's weird..." it was a timidly conversation.

"No, it's fine," Stephen reassured. "It's poliosis. Basically vitiligo but on eyebrows, lashes or hair."

"It looks really cool."

"Thanks?"

"Sorry... weird?"

"No, I just don't really know how to respond."

A few seconds pass and they keep waiting outside Tony's door, but it doesn't take too long for them to hear Tony and Clint arguing in the elevator. What they were fighting about was a mystery for when the doors opened.

"Last time I let you into the closet you spilled milkshake on my mom's custom Birkin! And then I had to take the blame!" Tony shouted, him and Clint at the front while Vision, Wanda, Pietro and Rhodey came after, all looking very troubled.

"I said I was sorry!"

"I'll believe you when you pull $63.000 outta your ass."

"I can't do that, but" - Clint put his index finger up - "my ass can earn me $63.000."

"No it can't— hi Stephen, hi Steve, how are you doing?" Tony interrupted himself to speak to the early birds and he had a smile on his lips, which still seemed exasperated. He unlocked the door and as usual let his guests in, he even waited for the rest of the crew to leave the elevator.

That included Bruce, Thor, Natasha, Sam, Bucky, Pepper and Christine.

"Welcome, everyone who's never been in here! And who is that?" Asked Tony, pointing his finger at everyone.

Vision, Wanda, Pietro and Christine raised their hands slowly.

"Upstairs is my room, the door to the left of mine is for the terrace but it's being rebuilt so no entry. Bathroom is one floor down and out there is the balcony in case you need some air."

Stephen found Tony's announcing voice quite attractive. If he was a girl he'd like the demanding type of directions and statements better than sweet talk or a made up silky voice.

"Drinks anyone?" Wondered Tony, ready to go get some from anywhere in the apartment. What that meant was either the kitchen or the wine cellar. It wasn't really a cellar but it was a place to store alcohol, and it was Friday after all.

Rhodey and Clint instantly looked at each other and smirked before yelling, "wine please!" In the same tone of voice. Tony chuckled and nodded, acting as if he was a waiter taking up peoples orders.