Chapter 22

[TW: MENTIONS OF DOMESTIC ABUSE AND ABANDONMENT]

ANYA SIGHED AS SHE SAW ANDREAS walk into the room, she hadn't seen him in years and even now, her blood boiled at the sight of him.

Her hands were bound with the chains and she was in the same cage Beatrix had been in only a week ago.

"Hello Pumpkin, its been a while," he said, reaching his hand through the bars and placing it on her cheek.

She flinched, pulling back and standing as length away from him so that he couldn't touch her, not again.

She never wanted to see him again and although it sounds sick, when Saul had told her that he had died she had been glad that he wasn't on the earth to terrorise anyone anymore. 

"If that's the game that we're going to be playing," he said and she just scoffed, turning away from him.

"How's Sky?" She asked, having not seen him since yesterday and she didn't know how he had felt with his father coming back.

"My son? Oh, he's doing well so far," he explained and Anya shook her head at his words.

"He hasn't been your son for years, he's my flesh and blood and you know it," she said, looking at Andreas who stood with his arms folded over his chest.

He didn't seem to react, he knew that he could gain the trust of his son again and he knew he could win - he always won.

He had won over Anya all those years ago when she was weak and he used her like his own rag doll.

"Where were you when he took his first steps? When he said his first words?" She questioned after the silence.

Andreas didn't even look at her, her glare bearing into him. He didn't care about Sky in the same way that Anya did.

If he cared then he would have come out of hiding and raised him instead of being a coward.

"Where were you when he was five and blew out his candles and when I asked him what he wanted for his birthday, he said he wanted his daddy to come back and you know what," she chuckled to herself, "Saul walked into the room at that exact moment after spending the last six months guarding the Solarians,"

She saw Andreas clench his jaw at the idea of Saul being more like a father to Sky than he had - the two men having always fought over who was the best.

"Where were you when he was 8 and he was upset that all his friends had dads to train him so Saul cheered him up and made him the best soldier here?" Anya asked, her voice breaking.

She had all these happy memories of her little family from those days in the cottage, memories that would never fade away.

She walked up to the bars, placing her hands on them and looking at Andreas until he looked back at her.

"Tell me Andreas, where were you for all these milestones because I can tell you damn well where you weren't," Anya narrowed her eyes at him, "You weren't with your son,"

"Shut up!" He yelled out, reaching a hand through the bars and slapping her round the face with as much force as he could get with one hand through a metal bar.

She gasped, staggering back. Instinctively, she went to use her powers but because of the cuffs, it just caused her even more pain.

Anya fell to the floor, tears falling down her cheeks as she felt the pain from the cuffs course through her body.

"I'm sorry Anya, you know I didn't mean that," Andreas tried to defend himself.

He had always tried to defend himself. All throughout their relationship he had forced himself on her and abused her and nobody cared or believed her. Nobody but Saul.

"Of course you meant it," she said and he shook his head, "You always meant it,"

"No. I came in here to offer you a job. I can set you free but you have to stay at the school and teach with no resistance," he explained.

She weighed up her options, knowing that she could go along with him and be able to help the kids to the best of her abilities or she could refuse and stay locked in the cage, keeping her free will.

"I'll even allow you to see Sky," he said, almost like it would entice her to want to be under Rosalind control again.

"I want to see Saul, how is he?" She asked, for the first time looking up at Andreas.

He scoffed, "Getting what he deserves," he explained.

"What the fuck does that mean?" she asked, knitting her brows together as she thought of all the terrible things they could be doing to Saul.

She clutched the necklace around her neck, looking down at the ring and wondering what life would have been like if they hadn't turned up yesterday.

Would he had proposed to her? Would they end up living a happy life at Alfea with children and their own little world?

But she couldn't think about that now, she had to focus on what was going on at the school and what would be the best for the students.

"What about Farah, what's happened to her?" Anya questioned and Andreas chuckled.

"I guess you'll find out, but first you have to promise to teach the students without putting up a fight," he explained.

She felt a sickening sinking feeling in her stomach and knew this wasn't going to end well.

She gave up, knowing she could protect the kids better from outside of a jail cell, "Fine. Ill teach, now let me out," she said.

Andreas laughed, "Always knew you'd be a good girl and follow orders," he said with a smirk, Anya grimacing at his words.

He opened the door, the cuffs falling off of her wrists and allowing her to use her powers again, but now she was once again under Andreas' control.

1074 words