007

╭━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╮
SCHOOL GROUNDS
NOON
╰━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╯

✧──────✦ "jaehwa can you come up and solve the question on the board?" the man asked. this teacher was all fun and games until he called on you to answer a question in front of the class.

she pushed her chair back and slowly made her way up to the board for an extra 5 seconds of thinking time. as she read through the problem, she realized this was one of the topics she had recently taught herself. jaehwa silently thanked the teacher for giving her an algebra problem.

easy peasy.

after putting the chalk down, she began to walk back to her seat while stepping over misplaced bags on the ground. the sound of her squeaky chair was covered by the bell and she instantly relaxed.

not even a few seconds later, the door slid open to reveal a girl. "is there a park jaehwa here?" she wished she had a few more minutes of relaxation but stood up and walked to the door.

"can i help you?" was her automatic response.

"could you spare a few minutes for me?" the girl asked timidly, but visibly loosened up after she saw a nod come jaehwa.

she led her to the roof and apologized for the stairs, taking her knee into account. the door to the roof shut behind them and the girl pulled a notepad out of a bag.

"hello! my name is kang haneul. and i was wondering if i could have your autograph?"

jaehwa raised her eyebrows at the unusual question. "what for?" she asked, confused.

"i'm a big fan!" this haneul girl seemed really excited and pushed the notepad and pen into her hands. jaehwa quickly scribbled her name since she had never gotten asked for something like this.

"sorry, i've never really been asked that before." she scratched the back of her head with a ghost of a smile.

"it's okay," she laughed. "anyways, here." haneul handed her a bag.

"what's this for?"

"there's stuff for your knee, to help with pain and stuff." jaehwa looked up at her with widened eyes.

haneul reached in the bag and pulled out a few things. first was a roll of athletics tape, then came out an unlabeled jar. she knew what the tape was for, she used it nearly daily when she was still practicing. but she wasn't quite sure what was in the jar.

she probably could tell that jaehwa was confused, so she explained. "this is my recipe for tiger balm. if you put it on a sore spot, it should help ease some pain."

jaehwa opened the jar and put her nose to it. the smell of it made her eyes tear up just like the regular tiger balm.

"it's stronger than the stuff in the store, and when you first apply it, it should feel more icy hot." haneul continued.

she nodded and put the jar back inside of the bag. "thank you."

"it's no problem! if you need anymore, be sure to find me! i'm in the class right next to yours, 3-3." she responded with a toothy smile.

just then, the bell rang and they walked down together. turns out they had a lot in common. they said their goodbyes and opened the doors to their separate classes.

━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━

haneul came to jaehwa's class to ask if she wanted to hang out after school. of course jaehwa agreed, so here they were sitting at a cafe drinking fruit teas.