009

╭━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╮
DAEGU
THE WEEKEND
╰━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╯

✧──────✦ the pocket of her jacket weighed down to its full length from the amount of coins. since it was the weekend, jaehwa had been saving up her change from each grocery store run in order to rematch the ai on the fighting game. she blamed her overflowing emotions for her continuous loss in the past.

she'd asked if mina wanted to come along, but she was busy with a study group. so now jaehwa walked along the same path she'd walked before. the dojang ad was still plastered on the pole so she stopped to actually read it.

! HELP WANTED !
- XXX-XXX-XXXX -

maybe this was a sign that she shouldn't give up on taekwondo completely, so she ripped off the ad and put it in her pocket so she knew where to visit later. now in front of the arcade, jaehwa stretched her neck and walked inside.

it was filled to the brim with people since it was a weekend, and jaehwa had to squeeze through some people. the machine was open and so she got comfy in the seat. she emptied her pockets and stacked up, what she counted was ten coins. ten tries. one win. just one.

jaehwa cracked her knuckles and rolled her shoulders before inserting the first coin. the round began with her legs bouncing on the ground and her fingers strategically tapping the buttons.

jump. hit. dodge. deflect. kick. hit. dodge.

LOSER

another coin.

hit. dodge. dodge. jump. hit. final move.

LOSER

and just like that, jaehwa had used up about half of her coins. while she was on round 3 the surrounding people started to sweat for her while taehoon walked in. of course she was completely clueless about it while she focused on concealing her frustration and irritation.

he walked up behind her while she tied her hair up. gaming was such hard work. while she was in the middle of the next round, he got sick of waiting and tapped on her shoulder.

jaehwa shrugged her shoulders to get whoever's hand was touching her off. she was doing so well and had the ai's health down to a quarter now. the tapping kept coming, so she spoke out.

"can you just wait a second?" jaehwa asked. another few taps and she turned around. "what!" she opened her mouth to talk again until she heard the familiar noise from the machine.

LOSER

"look what you did. now you have to wait longer." jaehwa put another coin in and began the next round.

kick. dodge. jump. kick down. hit. dodge. jump.

LOSER

what the hell were these designers thinking programming these stupid robots so well.

"move, it's my turn." taehoon nearly commanded.

"lay off," jaehwa said while she reluctantly got up out of the seat. taehoon reached for a coin from her limited pile, and she swatted his hand away and took the leftover coins with her to the shooting game.

she yawned as she took the plastic toy gun into her hand and pointed it towards the screen.

left. right. right. left. top.

WINNER

her eyes moved back to the fighting game and saw he was nearly done. so she made her way back over to taehoon.