021

╭━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╮
DAEGU
NOON
╰━ ⋅✶⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅✶⋅ ━╯

✧──────✦ the days pass and jaehwa and taehoon spend considerably less time with the viral hit group. today, they had agreed to meet up at the park for a 'study session' for the upcoming exams. both were of course on the brink of repeating their third and final year. spring had finally come and the heat of it was finally starting to settle in.

jaehwa stood before her closet of heavy jackets and knee length shorts. there was still a few minutes before she had to head over, so she was mulling over the consequences of wearing such clothes at the hottest time of the day. she shuffles through her drawers for a t-shirt (no laundry had been done in preparation for today), ultimately finding a thin one and pulling it out. much to her dismay, it was an old dress her mother had given her since it was way too big for mina.

jaehwa walked over to the mirror and held it up in front of her. it was a plain white sundress that reached just above her knees. her alarm went off, signaling the time she was supposed to leave. she quickly stuffed her bag with pencils and books after changing her clothes.

the park was only a few minutes away and taehoon had already been standing by the bus stop with his bike as jaehwa got off. she couldn't see a bag on him and almost threw her hands up.

"where's your books? i thought we agreed to study?"

he finally looks up from his phone at this and gives her a quick once-over before unknowingly standing a little straighter. the heat of the midday sun beats down on them and jaehwa has to squint with one eye shut to look taehoon in the eyes. he was always a man of few words and just nods towards a patch of shade under a tree with a bag under it already.

the two walk over and jaehwa looks at the grass and then at her white dress. and she looks at the grass, and at her white dress again. jaehwa looks around for a picnic table and sees all of them were either taken or covered in bird shit.

she sets her bag down with a thud and wonders how she's going to make it through the day without a grass stain on her ass. taehoon is already making himself comfortable against the trunk of the tree with his jacket in his hands. before jaehwa can even glance in his direction with doe eyes, he lays it out a few inches away from him and flattens it out before turning to take a look at whatever notes he had.

"so what first?" taehoon asks, eager to get this over with. jaehwa opens her bag and passes him a tabbed textbook. he flips through hesitantly, hoping all of the tabs aren't what's going to be on the final exam.

jaehwa leans back on the trunk next to him and leans over to point at certain tabs and words. taehoon sits as still as possible as jaehwa's hair brushes against his collarbone and cheek.

"this is all the stuff we have to ace before the exam."

"when's the exam again?" taehoon asks.

"the week before summer." jaehwa looks away to think, "on monday i'm pretty sure."

taehoon looks unimpressed and jaehwa gives him a 'what?' kind of look before he finally opens his mouth. "tomorrow is monday."

the two look at each other and immediately start to bicker.

"why would you only say that now?!"

"it's not my fault you don't know your days of the week."

jaehwa gives him a look that shuts him up and accept that there isn't a point in arguing. she just shoves a packet of photocopied notes directly from the teacher in his direction and starts to read the textbook in complete and utter defeat. she was always more of a history student rather than a math and science one, so she decided to cram up on those first.