part 2 (Chaeyoung)

I woke up with the sound of my alarm so get off of my bed and stretch myself. I took a bath and prepare myself a breakfast because I have school today and after that, I need to go to work.

Since my Mom died, I learned how to be independent. At the young age I learned how to do job just to feed myself. My life never been so good. I have to sell everything that I can sell just to have money.

My Mom left when I was 10 years old and since then the job that I did was shining shoes. I always standby at the market or plaza or anywhere and find any customer that wants their shoes to be clean.

You think that's the worst? No. I gained some strange ability that I think is a curse. I discovered it when I accidentally bumped onto someone.

I can't touch people. If I touch them, they will confess all of their regret and troubles in life. The first person I bumped to, he told me every problem that he had and keep following me to make me help him. I was 11 years old that time.

Since then, I tried my best to avoid any contact with people.

That's not all. I haven't seen any ghost but I do hear all the things that part of the ecosystem.

I can hear the animals talking, the plants and flowers whispering and the fruits. I thought I'm just hallucinating but everyday in my life, I can hear them.

People at school thought that I'm crazy because if I can't take it anymore, I started to scream and tell those things to shut up.

I started to walk even though my school is far from my house, it's because of my condition. I stopped riding the bus or any transportation that full of people.

After an hour of walking, I finally reached my school so I headed towards my class. I'm a senior students and I'm preparing for my application in Seoul University. I want to be a radio announcer.

Before I enter the room, I grab my bottle water and pour it on the plant pot beside my room. This action of mine made students whispers but I ignore it.

Thank you!

I smiled at myself upon hearing the voice of the plant thanking me for what I did.

------------------------------------

School is done and I'm here in a convenient store for my part time job. This job is suitable for me. All I need to do is to stack the new arrival item, scan the customer's item and take their payment.

I look at my watch and it's almost my lunch break so I grab a basket and find food that almost in it's expiration date. When it's too many, I took those food and bring it home and most of the time, I eat it when it's school lunch break.

I'm still eating when someone came in. I wiped my mouth and went to the counter. I look at this person who came in and there's some unusual aura that I can feel.

She's now approaching me and place a three can of sodas and two bags of chips. I studied her features, she has this ash brown hair with bangs, a doe eyes, button nose and plump lips. She's beautiful that's a fact.

I'm scanning the items when I heard her speaks. "Life must be hard to you, no?" I took a glimpse of her and she's smiling at me.

"$2.75" I stated ignoring her out of nowhere question. She gave me her payment and I gave her the change. She grabbed the plastic bag but before she left she look at me and said,

"Student, hang in there, you'll find the right person in the right time." She then leave and I'm here, confused of what's she's talking about.

How did she knows that I'm still students and who is the person she's talking about?

I shrugged the thought and just finished my meal and go back to work.

---------------------------------------

It's weekend and I'm in the middle of the broad daylight. I found myself standing near the ocean, just feeling the cool breeze touching my skin.

I closed my eyes as I look past those moments in my life. When I'm still with my Mom, I won't say she's a bad mother nor she's good.

There are times that she cares for me but there are times, she always yelling at me, hit me when I made a mistake, when she's drunk she always says hurtful words to me. But even though she's like that, I love my mother.

I can feel cold liquid hitting my skin so I open my eyes. I look up in the sky and it's raining. "Oh no! I didn't bring umbrella."

It's so sunny? Why the sudden rain?

I started to run to find shelter because the rain started to get heavy. I found a shelter but it's across the street.

Since there no much car and it's okay to cross, I run off across the street. While I'm running, I felt a tug in my chest that made me stop from running.

I feel my head become light and my surroundings are spinning. I clutch my chest then hit it because I'm starting to run out of breath.

What's happening? Why am I feeling this way?

My knees becomes wobbly and that cause me to fall on the ground. I heard loud honk coming from a big truck that almost near me.

My heart started to raise and I'm suffocating. I can't hear properly and my visual started to get blurry.

The sound of a truck become louder and I closed my eyes waiting for it to hit me.

Help me! If someone can hear me, please help me!

"You and your mother have the exact words." I slowly open my eyes and I saw a two pairs of shoes in front of me. I slowly lift my head and there I met the most beautiful chocolate eyes that I ever laid off.

She's holding a black umbrella that can cover me also from the rain. I look around thinking why am I still alive.

My eyes widened when I saw that everything has stop. The people stays at their places, the cars are not moving, the rain has stop pouring and the truck that almost hit me is few inches close to me.

"How.. what.." I can't stop myself from stuttering or mumbling due of shock and confused because I can't understand what is happening right now.

I saw her lend her hand to me waiting for me to take it. I hesitate to take it because I don't want to hear any of her problems.

"Take my hand. I'm different." She simply said that made me more confused.

Who is she? What does she mean she's different?

"Take my hand." She said again. This time, I took my courage to take her hand. When my hand touches hers, I waited for her to say something or to confess something but I heard nothing.

She pull me up that made us close to each other. She removed her hand away from me but then she put it on my waist.

"Hold tight." I don't understand what she mean by that but all I know is we're floating that makes me wrapped my arms around her nape. Not for long, I felt like I was torn apart but no pain in it.

"Open your eyes." She whispered that makes me do it slowly. We're here standing on a pavement away from highway. Everything is back to normal. Everything and everyone is moving right now and the truck that almost hit me, is nowhere to be found.

I look at her and there I saw her smiling beautifully at me. "We finally met." She stated that made me stare at her. My arms still on her nape and her one arm still on my waist.

"Who..?" I muttered silently.

"Kim Jisoo. Nice to finally meet you Chaeyoung."

----------------------------------------------------------
A/n:

Some Chaesoo content everyone. What do you think about this book? Is it somehow interesting to you?