part 10

Flashback (Land of Dream)

"Is that it? Once I break the seal her life will be better?" I curiously inquired. "Of course she still experience the hardship of life." He replied.

I kept silent and follow him as he advance himself towards the other flowers. "What about us? Our memories?" He stop on his track and look at me.

"She will forget you. Everyone in the Human realm that knows you will forget you so in that way, they won't suffer for longing of you."

I'm completely put of words. I feels everything become blurry and my heart feels heavy. I did my best to restrain the tears that will eventually drop from my eyes.

End of flashback

"What do want to talk about?" Lisa said by the time I'm beside her. We're standing on my veranda and talk silently so Chaeyoung won't hear us.

"Let's find the seal. I want to end this." She look at me surprisingly with what I just stated.

"What's with the sudden decision?"

"I don't want Chaeyoung to be in danger anymore. As much as I want to stay here, be with her, spend time with her, I can't take knowing her life is at risk because of me."

We envelop by the long silence when Lisa suddenly pulled me and give me a hug. "You love her." She softly whispered that makes the tears fall from my eyes.

"Please look after her." I plead while crying. She tighten the hug for a moment then let me go.

"Yes I will."

Before we go and find the seal using the map that I got from that lowly deity, I wrote something on my notebook and called Mr. Seo to come here in my house.

Not for long, he arrived at my house. "What can I do for you Ms. Kim?" He asked.

"It's time." Just by that words, it made him instantly quiet. He knows what I'm talking about. His ancestors told to every descendant of their family that will serve me and the day that I'll leave all the lands permanently.

"What do you want me to do?" I handed him my notebook and he look what's inside. It's my will that everything that I have, he will inherit it. My house ownership will be given to Lisa.

"It's an honor to serve you Ms. Kim." He sincerely said then stood up and bow his head. I stood up and extend my hand and he enthusiastically took it.

"Thank you for all your hard work."

-------------------------
Before Lisa and I proceed finding the seal, I took Chaeyoung back to her house and carefully laid her on her bed.

I stare at her while running my hand through her hair then lightly caress her face.

"I'm sorry you have to experience this kind of trauma Chaeng." I started off still looking at her beautiful and peaceful face while sleeping.

"I will make it right Chaeyoung. I promise you won't be in danger anymore."

"I have to leave you. Please don't be sad. I know you'll forget about me so be sure to have a happy life. Do whatever you want."

"I'm sorry and I love you."

I slowly lean my head and kiss her on her lips. It was a short peck but I will remember it until I die. I stood up and fix her, I kiss her forehead before I went outside and meet Lisa in my car.

She look at me asking if I'm ready, I nod my head and started to drive off.

Me and Lisa are inside the forest in this dark night.

I look at the map and follow the path its telling. After a long walk we found ourselves standing in a big form of rock in the middle of the woods.

I look very closely and then the burning feeling that the deities keep saying ignite inside of me. I can feel how painful is it that cause me to fall while I scream in agony.

"What's happening?" Lisa worriedly asked and match my level.

"It burns." I groan. I gathered all my strength and did what I needed to do.  I stood up and find the seal on the rock.

I saw a little glow in the center of it so I look very carefully. It's a triangular shape with the symbol of all the realms.

"I the descendant of the deities summoning the seal that binded to my life. Be with me for the sake of everyone and every realms."

The color red glow become more strong and not for long the seal remove from the rock and float towards me.

I don't care how much pain it causing me. All I want is to end this and make sure Chaeyoung is safe.

The moon becomes blue indicating that it's ready for the ritual. I can sense bad aura coming in our way so I need to make this quick.

"Jisoo it's time." Lisa stated. I fall on my knees mumbled the enchantment for the seal to break. I repeated it three times until the pain become more unbearable.

"Argggh.." I groan in agony. It hurts. I feel like I'm burning inside and my limbs are detaching from my body.

After a few moments, the seal was broken and there's a strong force that scattered throughout the woods.

The pain started to fade but I can feel that I'm becoming an ash.

"Jisoo." Lisa softly said and she's crying now. I smiled at her assuring her that everything is gonna be fine.

"I'm happy to be your friend Lisa. Please do your promise. Look after her."

I look at my hand and it's started to become a color green ash. It's starting to float in the air. My body is in process of being with the air.

I closed my eyes as I only think of one person. Park Chaeyoung.

"Can you be my family then?" I asked that make her stare at me momentarily. We stuck in a long stare but no one dares to break it.

"You want me to your family? Okay. I like to be your family too."

She's the best family I ever had.

"Just so you know, you don't have to ask me if you want to hold my hand. You can always hold it anytime you want."

Just so you know Chaeng, your hand is my favorite. I love holding it telling you everything is gonna be fine.

"I like the sound of your heart Jisoo. It's so relaxing."

I like the sound of your laugh, it's very soothing Chaeyoung.

"I don't want to loose you Jisoo. Whenever I'm with you, I can feel that I'm safe and I have nothing to worry about."

Me too. I want to spend my life with you but it's my destiny. As much as I want to be with you forever, I want to be happy with you forever.

Chaeyoung, I hope you find your happiness. I know I'm just a pace in your life that you'll pass by, please be healthy, be happy, have the most beautiful life Chaeng.

I love you. I'm sorry I haven't said that to you while we can be still together. I know I'll leave you anytime soon that's why I didn't have the courage to tell you.

I open my eyes. My arms is no longer here because it's become ash, my body started to fade, my feet, everything. I become ash and I now met my fate.

The fate that I once excited to have but now, the most regretful thing that I ever had in my life.

--------------------------------------------------
A/n:

Next chapter will be the last. I know it's short, I had to finish it right away because my schedule is pretty occupied so, here you go.

I didn't proofread this so sorry for any error.