5: LAKEPORT

Tonight is another Tuesday night, and after speaking with Devorah, I discovered more about her view on what is really going on a few days ago. There's no doubt in my mind that he did it, but pure statements are weak proof in the eyes of the law. After our last conversation, Devorah and I planned to meet up again. On the boat, we'll have dinner and a glass of wine. We'll be in the lake port, and I informed her the other day that I have a boating license, due to my father, who forced me to get one when I was fifteen.

I arrived at the port at exactly seven o'clock; I'll just meet Devorah here, as we had agreed the last time; the boat is anchored to the side of the lake and ready to be used when she arrives. I noticed her car approaching and when she got out, she smiled and wished me a pleasant evening.

"Good evening" I greeted her back and smiled too

"Let's go now?" I ask her.

"Sure," she said and slightly nodded her head.

We are walking our way to the boat and when we arrived near the boat I gesture her to step in the boat.

"You own this?" She asked me while I escorted her to get in the boat.

"No, this belongs to my grandfather," I said to her.

"So this is already too old? But it doesn't look old though it's nice and clean. How did you maintain it?" she commented.

"Well, I've cleaned enough houses before to know how to cover up a scene," I smile at her and winked; she raised her eyebrows at me.

"I'm just kidding," I told her while looking at her giving her a pale smile.

We both laughed quietly as she answered, "Of course you do."

When she already in the boat I left her for a while and went to my car compartment to get some foods that I take out in Olive Garden. After getting the food that I had ordered, I board the boat.

"Do you want to eat already? " I ask her.

"Sure," she said, "but let's go a little further away."

I paddled away from the lake's edge.

She began to reply, "On what we talked about yesterday—" but I interrupted her.

"Don't bring it up again, especially her husband," I urged emphatically. I'm sorry if I embarrassed her in any way, but now is not the time to discuss it.

"What did you bring for dinner?" She asks while looking at the paper bags shifting away from the topic. I let out a sigh.

"I ordered food from Olive Garden, shrimp Alfredo for you and steak Alfredo for me," I said. "Shrimp Alfredo is my and Esther's favorite pasta," she added.

"Yes, she mentioned to me that you like shrimp Alfredo, and she always orders that when we go to Olive Garden for supper every Tuesday," I said.

"I see," she said and she becomes silent after.

"Let's eat, shall we?" I ask her breaking the awkward silence.

"Alright" I grab the paper bags and bring out the containers of food. We are dining in silence in the center of the lake; there are no other people around; this location is not very busy; visitors are limited, particularly on weekdays.

I ask her to come to my place after our supper since we're going to approach the police for more information concerning Esther's disappearance.

"I'll be there at eight o'clock in the morning," she remarked after accepting my invitation.

"I'll wait for you tomorrow morning then," I told her and she nodded.

"I'm going now, take care," she said when she's near her car.

"Okay bye, take care also," she unlocks the car and opens it.

"Thanks for the dinner," she said before she sat down in the driver's seat

"No problem" I replied before she closes the door and starts the engine.

After she was gone, I went to my car compartment and get something I needed because I decided to spend more time on the boat while feeding the fish with a great feast in the deeper part of the lake in the middle of the night; I used to do this before when I was a kid.