~Shivaay Singh Oberoi~

Portrayed in the show as:Arrogant, temperamental, does anything for his family, loves his family, used to believe in the Naam, Khoon and Khaandaan policy, business-minded, loves espresso, etc

Arrogant, temperamental, does anything for his family, loves his family, used to believe in the Naam, Khoon and Khaandaan policy, business-minded, loves espresso, etc.

My Analysis of the character:

Good ones:

1. He took responsibilities for taking care of his siblings and being like a shield for his siblings, taking all the responsibilities.

2. He cares for his family and doesn't show his family ego or problems in front of people. 

3. He, despite having health issues, didn't care about himself and was there for his family. 

4. He sacrificed his dreams for his siblings future.

5. He was very progressive, as, like the 1st generation in his family, he never controlled his wife's dressing and job.

6. How much ever behavioural problems or toxicity he had, he never allowed it to affect his siblings' life!

7. He was a person of correcting his mistake at that moment, he understands it's a mistake.

8. He has the feeling of love inside him, as he always cares for his family, Annika, ex-girlfriend Mallika and Tia. How he supported Mallika's arrival in the mansion, even though his rival is Mallika's fiancee and his family's respect was at stake, then how he used to give time for Tia's matters and help them out and how he cared for Annika during Janmashtami, then how he felt bad when Ashok set aflame on himself in front of the public, etc., proves the love and care in him.

9. His professionalism is something, which we all should learn from!

Bad ones:

1. He was a temperamental person, this can be because of his defence mechanism as he never shows his emotions and also, the allergies and his heart condition, which might be due to the stress he had to go through due to his early takeover of responsibilities.

(Special thanks to Shivikabest for helping me out in this!)

2. During the initial phase, he believed in NKK, his temper, and how he forced Annika to marry him, which we can reject due to the toxicity in his behaviour he had while protecting his siblings. Understand that never am I telling that these traits are good and all! His temper is one of the reasons why he didn't have many bonds with his sister, as Priyanka trusted Om more than Shivaay.

3. He sometimes overindulges in issues - which includes Abhimanyu Raheja one, but I would leave that episode at the thought of the makers who tried to bring up the issue for ratings. (I am really angry at the makers for it.)

4. During the initial stage, he doesn't know how to care for people in terms of time and communication. This can be understood how Pinky tying Dhaaga to Shivaay's portrait and when asked regarding it, she tells that he never listens to her. Rarely does he talk to Pinky, except for the topic of Marriage! Somewhere, I have felt at many stages that he casually takes her as his dad does. Yes, never am I saying Pinky is very innocent! Nope, I would never say!

Misunderstandings and comical presentations:

1. His allergies to dog fur or fear of dogs(as we thought in between), is taken comically, which I never thought of as one! Just imagine you are scared of something and people laugh at you, it's so insulting. I am serious, I won't even talk to them properly for some days. Even I am scared of dogs and I don't feel anything fun at this episode where they made fun of him for getting scared of this animal. These people will understand when they get bites from this animal and get nice injections!

2. Shivaay's anger towards Annika is due to his ego. Oh...Please! If someone speaks to me as Annika does, even I would get angry! Yes, even though during the initial meet, Annika was right. In some places, she was really wrong. Shivaay's anger towards Annika is justified. 

3. As you might see him getting jealous sometimes when Annika wears a short dress or something, we all tend to reject him as a possessive person who hates ladies wearing short dresses! That's because Annika never wears those in front of him as she is actually not comfortable with them, but when he sees her wearing them in front of others, the feeling of "what's wrong with him that she can't wear those in front of me" comes. This was because he never had a problem with Tia wearing them, but he had when Annika wore them. Also, if a person like Mallika had the guts to come to Shivaay as she ran from the wedding, it's because Shivaay was never judgemental.

4. People point at his food habits, for being like this, but I would say that it's his behaviour that changed his food habits. His food is something, that he used to cope up with stress. 

5. This is the most common thing, which I have heard and read - Shivaay, being a stoic and brutal person! He just put up a facade of that, in fact, he was never one! You can clearly see that when Ashok burns himself during the pooja. When Tej or Shakti move towards the person who is burning, it was Shivaay who moved and burned his own hand! If he can do for an outsider like this, then I don't think so he is a stoic person! 

6. Playing with his feelings and expecting Shivaay to call back Annika - is the most insane things I have ever witnessed! The only mistakes I felt on Shivaay's part was that he never asked Annika if something is wrong or searched for it, then he played with Ragini's emotions somewhere by getting engaged with her in front of the public and also, he forced Annika to get engaged to Vikram. He has no right to do so in that matter!

7. Misunderstanding Annika in Daksh's matter is not just his fault. He was a victim of the circumstances. We all believe what our close friends say and also, he was angry at Annika for many other issues and misunderstandings. So, I feel that Shivaay misunderstood her due to the wall of fake allegations against her. Also, he used to believe that Annika is the cause of the problems in their house.

8. Believing Tia over Annika is because he trusts in his girlfriend and also when he got solid proof, he believed Annika.

Note that he is a product of his circumstances and a flawed human being like us!