↳ 𝘧𝘦𝘮𝘢𝘭𝘦 𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘦𝘴

available

~***~

idea

David Coulthard fanfic (don't lie he is fit)

Daniella Milne is the most successful Female Formula 1 driver to date. Born on January 4th 1975 as an only child to wealthy parents, Dani never had to worry about money. Any activity the young girl wanted to pick up was only encouraged until she found her true calling - racing. Her father bought her her first kart on her fifth birthday (she could only race it privately on her the dirt track built into the garden), and Dani started karting competitively from the age of eleven. All throughout her teen years, she was pushed by her petrol-head father and proud mother to be the best there is. She was stubborn and hated losing, so it was rather fortunate that she was good at what she did. In 1993, she won the McLaren/Autosport Young Driver of the Year award, only the fifth driver to do so, and the only woman. This allowed her to test the McLaren Formula 1 car and Dani fell in love - she knew exactly what she wanted to do and wouldn't stop until she was a world champion.

Dani didn't have the backing of many sponsors unlike a lot of other drivers on the grid. She basically had to buy her way into a seat, although she was sure her talent would do all the talking for her to lead to success. She dominated the Formula 3 championships for three years until in 1997 she was promoted from Williams test driver to full-time driver, set to replace Damon Hill and partner Jacques Villeneuve. The British team had had their eye on the young lady for some time and were desperate to give her a permanent seat. This ultimately pushed Heinz-Harald Frentzen into her old role of test driver. If there were to be an instance where either Jacques or Daniella can't race, he'd be there.

Right off the bat, Dani was able to match her teammate's performance and even beat him on occasion. Her fights with former champion Michael Schumacher were legendary. With the way they battled on track, most assumed they had a bitter rivalry off-track, too, but this was far from the case. In fact, Dani was able to get on well with most of the drivers she competed against.

David Coulthard's chest felt tight whenever he so much as looked in Dani's direction. She was aggressive on track and didn't appreciate the way people seemed to look past it. He thought she was cocky, irritating, and frustrating. Dani knew all of this and took it upon herself to tease the Scot as much as she possibly could, relishing in the effect it had on him.

Through all the teasing, the pair would go on to have a rivalry that lasts years. It's only when an incident forced them closer together that they realise their rivalry was a mask for something more, something deeper. But would a relationship like theirs last in the dangerous world of Formula One?

~***~

title ideas

• Limits
• With The Odds Against Us
• Full Throttle

~***~

a little bit of insight...

Set in the 90s so some research might need to be done before taking on this project. Also this has a whole ass plan with a sequel and everything. If no one wants it, this'll be my project after the 'lights out' series.

Enemies to lovers vibes.

So it's not incredibly long like my book series, I suggest choosing key points and dates and have some time jumps. Please dm if you want to know my outcomes for this! The drama I had planned is *chefs kiss* if I do say so myself