↳ 𝘦𝘮𝘶𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 X

unavailable

~***~

idea

emulation (n) - effort to match or surpass a person or achievement, typically by imitation

"we're going to leave a legacy like our fathers"

"yeah, only if you can keep up with me, berger"

"it's you i'm worried about, alesi"

follows the rivalry of giuliano alesi, son of jean alesi, and rosana berger (oc), daughter of gerhard berger.

Rosana Alise Berger, the third daughter of Gerhard Berger, had inherited her father's petrol head. Growing up, she would watched reruns of his old races, just wishing that she could one day continue on his legacy. She loved everything about motorsport - the speed, the adrenaline, the intensity, and especially the rivalries. For hours on end she could listen to her father talk about the many battles he had on track, however he always seemed to end up talking about one man in particular - Jean Alesi.

From the stories, she grew to admire the rivalry the pair had. What started off rather bitter ended up turning into a friendship, however reluctant her father may have been to admit it. Rosana dreamt of one day having a relationship like theirs. Her wishes were answered in the form of one man - Giuliano Alesi.

Rosana found a way to get under his skin from the moment the two met at their first karting race. Whilst their father's reminisced about the 'good old days', she taunted and teased the boy until his eyebrows nearly touched in the middle in rage. It was a look Rosana's father told her that he had brought out in Jean many times over the years. The expression never seemed to leave Giuliano's face whenever Rosana was in the room, even as the pair progressed up through the ranks at an almost identical pace. It seemed fate that she was only a couple of hours older than Giuliano, however older nonetheless, and she would never let him forget that.

Every comment made towards the young pair about there being romantic undertones to the teasing were quickly and firmly dismissed. Not once had Rosana looked at Giuliano with a gaze other than that of amusement, however that was until the incident. It changed the way she looked at motorsport, the way she looked at the future, and the way she looked at him. Feelings so strong are hard to conceal, even more so when she was constantly being pushed to the limits. Time will only tell if they break her, or motivate her.

~***~

casting

Alycia Debnam-Carey as Rosana 'Rose' Alise Berger

~***~

a little bit of insight...

this story is actually sitting in my drafts with a cover and prologue chapter (that section above). unfortunately, i just don't have the time to write and it sucks.

the inspiration came to me during an interview, but i can't remember which one for the life of me, sorry. basically, the discussion fell to old rivalries and how the rivalries today compare.

 basically, the discussion fell to old rivalries and how the rivalries today compare