Chapter 2

Da-eun Pov 

It was a few weeks later and you were at yet another show, this time the Golden Disc Awards. You sat backstage watching the broadcast on the monitors in the dressing room. The performances from the other artists were entertaining enough, but really you were just waiting for the camera to show the guys in the audience. The adorable look on their faces when they realized they were on the big screen just never got old.

Sure enough, within a few minutes seven familiar, beautiful faces were gracing the screen. However, your stomach lurched when you saw that a certain scantily clad woman had somehow weaseled her way into the chair next to Tae.

Jisoo.

You honestly weren't usually the jealous type. Hell, you shared your love of Tae with literally millions of other people. But you could not deny that you absolutely hated seeing her with him.

She was another idol who had joined Big Hit a little over a year ago. A solo artist with the requisite narcissistic tendencies and inflated ego, she was best known for her suggestive lyrics, provocative dance moves, and electric blue lipstick. You often wondered how a company as conservative as Big Hit allowed her to get away with half the things she did and said.

You might have forgiven her for playing the 'sex sells' card and doing whatever she could to stay relevant in the ever-changing K-pop industry were it not for the fact that she had spent the last year not-so-subtlety lusting after Tae.

Her advances on him were so blatant it was almost shameful. She was constantly coming around to the studio batting her eyelashes and flipping her hair and she was always touching him somehow when they talked. She also called him TaeTae which absolutely set your teeth on edge. He humored her, he was far too nice a guy to publicly rebuff and embarrass her, but he never seemed to encourage her or initiate interactions which provided you some solace.

You were pulled from your hate-filled thoughts when the cameraman suddenly panned to a closeup of the two of them. Jisoo had her phone out in front of them, clearly about to take a selfie. They both initially threw up Tae's signature 'V over the eye' pose, but at the last second, Jisoo dropped her hand, turned her head, and planted a kiss on Tae's cheek. Bile rose in your throat.

God, I hate her.

Instinctively, you opened up Twitter, knowing that she purposefully pulled stunts like this because she knew it would get people talking. Sure enough, she had already posted the photo with the caption "Quality time with TaeTae". Within minutes the photo had gone viral and #TaeSoo was trending.

You were still scowling down at your phone a while later when the guys came in to get ready for their performance at the end of the show. Tae sat down in front of you and your spirits were momentarily lifted when you looked up and saw his beautiful, boxy smile, but then you saw the blue smudge on his cheek.

"I see Jisoo is wearing her signature blue lipstick today," you said trying to sound casual as you started fussing with his hair.

"What?" he asked, looking genuinely confused for a second before reaching up and touching his cheek. "Oh, that? Yea she wanted to take a selfie."

"That's not all she wants," you muttered under your breath.

"What was that?" he asked, raising his eyebrow at you curiously.

"Oh, uhh, I just said I saw the selfie on Twitter," you quickly replied.

"It's gone viral," you added, "and your ship name is also trending again."

You had tried to hide the disdain in your voice, you really did, but you must have done an awful job because when you looked up Tae was looking at you with a knowing smirk.