Chapter 3

Da-eun Pov

You woke suddenly to the sound of three gentle knocks on your door. Instinctively you reached for your phone on the nightstand and squinted at the time – 4:05.

FUCK.

Of all days, your traitorous subconscious chose today, the day of the ON Kinetic Manifesto MV Shoot, to disregard your alarm. This was not good. MV shoots were always a big deal, but today's was especially important and stressful for a number of reasons. First, it was taking place in America just outside of Los Angeles. At the start of the year, you and the rest of the BTS team had made your way across the globe to commence a two-month trip that would include a plethora of shoots, performances, and award shows. But secondly, and more importantly, for this shoot, you'd be giving Tae temporary tattoos on his neck and chest, tattoos that you were scheduled to begin applying approximately five minutes ago.

You had planned to get up at 3:30 which would have given you enough time to get rid of your puffy morning face and make yourself look halfway presentable before he met you at 4:00. But alas, the universe clearly had other plans for you.

At the sound of another two knocks, you threw the covers off and jumped out the bed. "Coming", you whisper-yelled as you hurried over to the door. After taking two seconds to compose yourself, you undid the deadbolt and slowly opened the door halfway. There before you stood Tae, looking unfairly handsome considering it was 4:00 in the morning. His hair was cutely mussed from sleep and he was sporting his thick-rimmed, sexy librarian glasses. He was wearing a black tee-shirt and gray sweatpants but had what appeared to be his hotel room robe slung over his left shoulder.

He had been smiling brightly when you first opened the door, but after seeing the 'I just woke up five seconds ago' look on your face, his eyebrows shot up in surprise and his mouth formed a little 'O'. His eyes then went wide as saucers when he saw that all you were wearing was an oversized tee-shirt. Realizing he was gaping at your bare legs, you quickly hid your lower half behind the door as a deep blush settled on your cheeks.

"Shoot, Tae. I am so sorry. I...uh...slept through my alarm. Just give me five minutes, OK? I promise I'll be ready and we can get started. Again, I am so sorry," you mumbled out.

At the sound of your voice his eyes snapped up to meet yours, but he quickly looked away again as he spoke. "Oh, it's no problem. Really. I'll...uh...just wait out here."

He was clearly flustered, embarrassed for you, no doubt. At that moment you wanted nothing more than for a giant hole in the ground to appear and swallow you up. But unfortunately for you, disappearing wasn't an option. The shoot began in two hours and you had a job to do. Giving him a tight smile, you quietly closed the door before burying your face in your hands.

Come on Da-eun, get it together.

You threw on tights and a sweatshirt and gathered your hair up in a loose bun atop your head. You splashed a bit of cold water on your face and put on a touch of eyeliner. You scrambled around the room like a madwoman, stuffing things in drawers and throwing away empty coffee cups and takeout bags. Tae already now likely thought you were irresponsible for not getting up in time to do your job; you didn't want him to also think you were a slob.

When you opened the door again a few minutes later you found him leaning against the opposite wall completely engrossed in whatever he was looking at on his phone.

"Hey," you said softly as you opened the door and gestured for him to come in. "I'm finally ready. I'm sorry again for making you wait."

"Oh, it's no problem," he said as he slipped his phone into his pocket, pushed off the wall, and walked past you into the room. "I sleep through my alarm almost every other day. Jimin is constantly having to wake me up so I'm not late for practice," he said with a chuckle. "I probably would have slept through it this morning if I wasn't so excited to see you."