Chapter 5

Forty-five seconds. That's roughly how long the guys spent on stage during their performance at The Grammys. It wasn't long, and they weren't up there alone, but they were there, on stage at The Grammys. You had never been so proud in your entire life. When the guys came backstage afterward you didn't even bother to hide your happy tears. Tonight was meant to be the highlight of your entire two-month trip to America and it did not disappoint.

After the show, you and a couple of other staff members had grabbed drinks at the hotel bar to celebrate. You had just gotten back to your room and were about to get changed for bed when you received a very curious string of texts.

[Taehyung 12:36 AM]
NOONA

[Taehyung 12:36 AM]
I need yur help

[Taehyung 12:37 AM]
Its an emergency

You sat there just staring at your phone for a few minutes wondering what he could possibly need you for at this hour. You had no idea how you should reply if you even should at all. He had never texted you this late before and never asked for something so urgently. There were a million reasons why you should have ignored his messages until the morning, but for one reason, the same reason you did anything these days, you chose to reply.

[12:45 AM]
Ok. Be right there.

He replied back instantly with a bunch of seemingly random emojis which only plunged you further into confusion.

A few minutes later you were standing in front of his door. Every bone in your body was telling you that this was a terrible idea and that you should leave immediately. But alas, your heart was not a bone.

You knocked ever so quietly, hoping maybe he wouldn't actually even hear you and you could return to your room and pretend this never happened, but the door opened right away.

"Noona!" he practically shouted, a massive smile plastered on his face.

"Shhhhhhhh!" you whispered back, bringing your finger to your lips to give him the shush sign.

"Sorry," he whispered with a giggle.

Not wanting to drag this on any longer than absolutely necessary, you got straight to the point. "What's the emergency, Tae?" you said, giving him an expectant look.

"You have to come in," he whispered, giggling again as he opened the door wider.

Panic flooded your system. You were definitely not supposed to be in a member's hotel room at 1:00 in the morning.

"No, no, no. I can't come in," you said in alarm and took a step backward.

"But, I need your help," he pleaded, his smile dropping instantly.

"Tae," you protested.

"Pleaseeee," he replied, giving you a pout and his puppy dog eyes.

He is going to be the death of me.

Against your better judgment, you took a quick glance around the hall to make sure no one was around.

"Fine," you sighed. "But this better be quick."

"Yay! Thank you, thank you, thank you," he said gleefully as he grabbed your hand and literally pulled you inside. He closed the door as you walked in and you instantly noted how different his room looked compared to yours. After a minute of marveling at how fancy and expensive everything appeared, you turned to find Tae staring at you, mouth slightly agape.

"Noona, you're all dressed up," he said in amazement as he took in your appearance.

You were wearing a silver sequin tank top and dark skinny jeans with a pair of heeled boots. You had also done your hair and put on makeup for the first time in ages. By no means were you 'all dressed up, but you were significantly more put together than you usually appeared in the studio and onset.