Chapter 22 Pack Run

With school starting in two weeks, Marshall all signed up to go to university with Avery, Meg making plans for the new menu and doing all that she could before the sale of 'Around the Corner,' was finalized, and Adam at a standstill on his new apartment until more deliveries were made it was time to drive out to start watching the first pack they are going to spy on. The Cameron Pack was led by none other than Alpha Brad Cameron.

       But the first stop was a Pack Run. Avery had never been on one before and was excited! She and Adam had gone and Adam had gone once with Marshall to show him where they ran and then Marshall and Meg had gone but never had all of them gone running together!

       Avery was vibrating with nervous energy the entire drive and bouncing in her seat the last five minutes of the forty-minute drive. Adam kept glancing at her with a tiny grin. Whenever he looked at her like that she knew he was thinking of his tiny daughter Amber that died and it made her happy-sad that she brought him some measure of comfort with her antics that remind him of her. Then she would always looked at him fondly and call him Uncle Adam and teased him about something.

       Finally, they were there and everyone got out of the car and they locked up and started walking up the nature trail together till they got to a deserted location where they split up boys and girls and ditched their clothes. Once they were all in Wolf form they took off with Avery in the lead. Their Wolfs acted exactly like real wild Wolves in this form and it took a lot of effort to do anything human in their wild form. Like carry a bag or try to talk through the mind Link. They were basically bystanders now almost without a voice just like their Wolfs were bystanders when we were in human form.

       This is something I thought about with Adam jumping in front of my car. His Wolf would have had to have been in agreement with him about the decision to do that in his Wolf form. He must have been so lost for so long.

       I thought about Eric's emails as my Wolf happily ran. He does not seem to be moving to the next stage of grief. He seemed to be stuck on step four of the seven steps. He has been spending hours every day watching the surveillance videos that had not been deleted yet on the DVR looking for me. He has been obsessed with my disappearances and reappearances and it probably was not going to be long till he finds some of my hiding spots. I did not foresee this possibility and did not remove any of my bins of supplies.

       At least I had the benefit of knowing every thought that went through his head because he still emailed me when he got up and when he went to bed. Before he left anywhere and when he got back. After each meal and when he could not sleep. He told me interesting stuff too considering he thought he was writing a dead person. He took his time and explained things clearly.

       He knows I did the pranks and he has worked out my Maze. He has found one of my tree houses. I kind of want to rush him to find my baby monitors because maybe he would hear something interesting from his step dad's office. He even knows I went in the stairwell and didn't come out so it's just a matter of time.

       Tiffany, his ex-girlfriend found her Mate and is not getting together with him in the hope that Eric will choose her and he is really angry about it. He says he told her that he will never stop loving me and that if she throws away her chance at a Mate after he lost his mate, she is just throwing his loss in his face.

       After a few hours, I looped everyone back aground to our clothes, and just Meg changes and we wait to try to get our Wolves to cooperate while Meg takes some pictures. We get one exceptionally nice one of me and the boys on a rock and one of just me and Adam and one of me howling. Then we all change into our human form and get dressed. My Wolf is filled with so much joy that even my thoughts about Eric don't bring her down.