Chapter 1

~~not my drawing all credit goes to the artist 💕~~

|The Prince|

I'd been wondering for hours, out of breath and running out of water

I reached a line of trees leading into a small abandoned courtyard. My h/c hair resettling from when the wind blew through it, eyes scanning the area. I walked through the trees taking in my surroundings before reaching the courtyard. I stood in the middle of a symbol that resided on the ground. It looked like a dragon roaring.

Suddenly the ground beneath me started grumbling, the dragon symbol started cracking before it gave way. My bag with all my food, water and clothes were crushed by rocks, all I have left is the clothes on me and my book. Gripping it tightly I screamed bracing myself for a painful landing yet it never came.

Opening my eyes I looked around, I was still falling but the walls had melted away leaving light all around. It would be beautiful if I wasn't falling most likely to my death. Looking down I saw the ground rapidly approaching. Closing my eyes once again tears brimming the edges. I hit the ground tumbling down a hill, branches and rocks scratching at my skin and knocking me unconscious. The last thing I saw were two figures; a blonde haired and a black haired boy. Suddenly the pain took over and everything went silent and black...

|•|

Pain was all I could feel as I shifted, waking up from my rest. The sheets under me weren't silky soft like normal, they felt rough, almost scratchy whilst my bundle of pillows were doing a terrible job; feeling like all I had was a single pillow. My eyes remained closed as a pool of sunlight hit my face, dancing across my features. Did mother come in and open my curtains?

With much reluctance I slowly opened my eyes taking in the unfamiliar surroundings, recalling the dream I had. Falling down a hole filled with light. At least I was free whilst it lasted.

"What a dream" I sighed, rubbing my eyes once again to rid them of their sleepiness. The ache in my arm was unexpected but I just shrugged it off, probably just from writing.

"Yes well that was a pretty big fall" an unfamiliar voice cut through my thoughts like a knife. Who the hell was in my room.

My eyes finally adjusted to the light, taking in my busy surroundings; bottles of all sizes were filled with multiple coloured liquids and questionable materials sat in jars covered by a leather lid. Books spread across the tables and on the shelves attached to the walls, dust covering the majority of them. My eyes continued to scan a room you could only possibly read about in a fairytale before settling on deep blue eyes and a mop of brown hair.