Chapter 18- Pride and Prejudice and Paintball

~Selena~

The following morning went about as well as I had expected.

As soon as I got dressed and stepped foot outside my room, there was my idiot older brother, sitting in his usual place in front of my door with his arms crossed.

He didn't speak as I walked past him towards the stairs, but his eyes watched me like a hawk nonetheless.

I sighed to myself. It's gonna be a long day.

Behind me, I heard the sound of another door opening followed by a startled cry.

"Holy Moses!" Sam exclaimed. "You scared the pee out of me, Stanton! Why are you sitting on the floor like a creep?"

I snorted and continued on to the kitchen, as once again my idiot older brothers started their daily morning bickering.

Sandy was sitting at the table in his spider-man pajamas, eating his cereal out of a coffee mug, looking at it with an adorably sad expression on his face.

"Some responsible older sibling they are." I commented to myself, grabbing the poor boy's breakfast in a cup as I walked by. I snagged a bowl from the cabinet that was too high for the barely 7 year old to reach, and poured the contents of the mug into the bowl. I grabbed a clean spoon and gave Sandy back his food.

"Sissy!" He beamed gratefully, looking on the verge of goddamn tears. He threw his hands triumphantly into the air and proclaimed, "I have a parental figure in my life!"

"Hey now!" Stanton chided, appearing in the kitchen doorway, still seething a little from his clash with his twin. "I'm the oldest! I'm supposed to be the one taking care of you!"

Sam snorted, stepping out from behind his brother and strolling into the kitchen with his hands folded behind his head. "This morning I caught you drop your toothbrush in the toilet like a spaz. You need to learn to take care of yourself first, Lesser Twin."

Stanton flushed. "Stop calling me that!"

"Hey, I thought Sam was born first." I added as I grabbed my own bowl and poured in the cereal.

"W-we're twins!" Stanton stuttered out, looking flustered. "We're the same age!"

"That's not what my birth certificate says." Sam said through a yawn. He exhaled and slumped into the seat next to me. "Lesser twin."

"So what are you guys up to today?" I changed the subject before Stanton could finish spluttering like a fish long enough to continue the argument.

Sam shrugged lazily. "Dunno. I only got out of my bed because I was hungry."

I rolled my eyes. "As usual, no trace of ambition what so ever. Maybe we could-"

"Don't even think about it!" Stanton jumped in suddenly, recrossing his arms and glaring at me. "You're still in big trouble for sneaking out last night, like a- like a-"

"Teenager?" Sam suggested.

"Yes! Wait, no! Shut up Sam, I lost my train of thought!" Stanton moved his glare to the brother beside me.

"Yeah, yeah." Sam waved a hand at him dismissively. "Sneaking out bad, big trouble, yada yada yada. Now that that's over, why don't we go out and have some quality family fun together?"

"Yay!" Sandy squeaked excitedly, wolfing down the remainder of his cereal before standing up and rushing out of the kitchen. "I'll go get dressed!"

Stanton's glare intensified. "Now wait just a-"

He was cut off as Sam stood from his chair and walked past his brother, flicking him in the forehead. "We leave in 10 minutes. Be ready or we're leaving without you, Lesser Twin." He turned back around to grin mischievously at me, no doubt with the same grin that had girls chasing after him like zombies.