Chapter 4- A Little Bit Ninja

~Conner~

As it turned out, my father was even more dead set on keeping me and Selena apart than I had thought.

My sister strolled into my room, (without knocking, of course), and saw me standing in the middle of my room, where I had been gaping at the window for the past ten minutes.

Her gaze followed where I was staring, and let out an exasperated sigh while bringing her hand up to her head.

"Now this is just ridiculous." She finally said, rubbing at her temples like she had a headache. I didn't blame her.

I blinked, her voice drawing my attention from my barred windows.

Like seriously, barred.

It reminded me of a scene from Harry Potter, when Harry's uncle had barred over his window. It was hard to imagine my busy lawyer of a father taking the time to actually do construction on the house.

What was I, a prisoner? My room was on the second floor anyways, so I would have to be pretty insane to try and escape at the expense of breaking my legs.

"Dad!" I yelled, my fists clenching as I whirled past Rose and stormed downstairs. "Dad! What the hell!?"

I stormed into the kitchen, but only my mom was in there, cooking dinner. She had turned at the sound of my outburst, her eyebrows furrowed in concern.

"Mom, where the hell is Dad?" I asked, teeth gritted.

She pursed her lips. "He left a little while ago, something about needing to hide. And what did I tell you about your language?"

I ignored the last part. "Why that sneaky bastard!"

My mom rolled her eyes, not bothering to scold me again for cussing. "What did he do this time?"

"Oh Mom," Rose joined in as she entered the kitchen behind me. "Dad's gonna be in soooo much trouble." She sang mischievously, her ice blue eyes glimmering.

My mom's eyes narrowed. "What happened?"

"Why don't you go look at the window in my room and see for yourself." I huffed.

She took no time in rushing upstairs.

Rose was smirking by the time our mother had presumably seen the bars screwed over my window. "WHAT HAS HE DONE TO MY BEAUTIFUL HOUSE!? HE IS SO DEAD!" She yelled from upstairs, and my sister giggled. Even if it was mostly out of anger for drilling holes in the house, I was glad that I wasn't the only one outraged.

I was still silently fuming, when I noticed that this meant that my dad wasn't home. My anger evaporated when I saw my chance to rush over next door and possibly sneak in some time with Selena.

Rosemary noticed my expression and rolled her eyes. "Just go. I'll tell Dad you went for a walk."

I bolted for the door, not even bothering with shoes. Halfway across my neighbor's lawn, I could still hear my mother yelling at no one in particular, vowing to kill my father.

I came to a stop and knelt at the side of Selena's house, remembering with a pitiful frown that Selena's dad and Stanton would probably attack me if they saw me. I had spent so much time being grilled by my own father, I had nearly forgotten that he wasn't the only source of our problems.

"Uh, what are you doing?"

My head whipped around, and for a second I was sure that Stanton was about to lunge at me and claw at my face. But luckily before I could scream like a girl, I realized that it was in fact Sam, who had caught me.