Chapter 20- Pretty in Pink

~Conner~

Naturally, when Alex had called, she hadn't actually requested my presence alongside Jerry's.

Jerry was just terrified of meeting her alone.

"She's pregnant, not homicidal." I complained under my breath as we walked to where Alex was waiting. Though even as I said that, even I had to admit that she looked like she could claw my eyes clean out of my head.

Traffic had been worse than expected, and then we had trouble finding a place to park added on to that. Alex was standing at the entrance of the store, arms crossed, foot tapping, and glaring at anyone who dared walk within her line of vision.

Jerry visibly gulped. I rolled my eyes, gripping on to his wrist to prevent him from bolting as I half-dragged him towards the very angry pregnant woman.

Alex's gaze was harsh and irritated as she set eyes on our approach. "You're late!" She snapped at Jerry, who visibly flinched away. She turned to me next, frowning. "Why did you bring Mr.Hot-ass?"

When Jerry didn't respond, she turned to me questioningly. I shrugged. "Emotional support?" I suggested.

She rolled her eyes, but didn't comment further before turning and heading into the store.

I followed, still pulling Jerry along, who had apparently had lost the ability to speak.

~

After grabbing a shopping cart, I found myself caught in both a terrifying and terrifyingly endless argument between the two young parents.

"What the hell is all this shit?" Jerry wondered, holding up the plastic object for inspection.

Alex rolled her eyes. "It's a pacifier, you nitwit. It's to calm the baby down."

Jerry frowned, and I knew that this was far from the end of the conversation. "Well, why do we need so many? And these are the most expensive brand!"

Alex snatched the pink pacifier from Jerry, throwing it back into the cart with the others. "Because my baby deserves nothing but the goddam best of everything!" She glared at him, daring him to disagree. "And anyways, it's not like you can't afford it!"

Jerry scoffed. "That's not the point!"

I sighed, walking along while pushing the cart in between the pair as they bickered loudly, drawing the attention of everyone else in the store.

"And another thing," Jerry went, dramatically gesturing to the cart's contents. "Why is everything pink?!"

Alex crossed her arms. "Because pink is the prefect color for my little princess!"

Jerry slapped his palm to his head, closing his eyes as if he were in pain. I wanted to point out that from my current standpoint, he didn't even know the meaning of pain, but I knew better than to intervene.

"How do you even know-" He began to ask, before Alex interrupted him.

"Because it's a girl." She brought her hands to rest on her barely bulging stomach defensively.

"What proof do you have?" Jerry countered.

"Mother's intuition." She responded easily.

Jerry scowled. "Well my father's intuition, is telling me that it's a boy."

"No such thing." The redhead reached out to grab a couple of tiny pink bottles, glancing at them briefly before throwing them in the cart.

"Says who!?" Jerry snapped back.

"Says everyone!" Alex retorted.

The blond snorted. "Oh please, just because you want it to be a girl, doesn't mean it will be!"

The pregnant teenager huffed and flipped her hair over her shoulder. "A mother just knows these things!"

"You're like, barely pregnant."

Wrong wrong wrong wrong!!!

I physically cringed as soon as he said those words, speeding up so that the pair couldn't start a fist fight with me in the middle.

Glancing back, Alex looked positively livid. Jerry winced, seeming to realize his tragic mistake, too little too late. "You little-?!"

"Hey look!" I cut in quickly. "Cute baby shoes!"

Alex bolted upright and speeded over, forgetting all about Jerry's comment, for now. Jerry slumped against a shelf, breathing out a sigh of relief with one hand to his chest.

Alex squealed, holding up a pair of tiny pink sandals. "How cute is this!" She grinned down at her stomach. "Princess, you're gonna be the cutest, most fashionable baby in the universe!"

She tossed the shoes into the cart, before diving back into the shoes and looking through them enthusiastically.

Leaving her to her baby shopping, I walked over to Jerry and flicked him in the forehead. "Idiot."

~

Two hours later, (I kid you not), we finally left the store, having bought everything a baby could want and more, in a variety of pinks and purples.

Jerry and I, of course, ended up carrying all the bags, while Alex happily pushed the shopping cart filled with even more bags of baby supplies.

After shoving everything into the car, (looks like I was gonna have to squeeze into a seat with Jerry, since Alex got dropped off earlier), Alex dusted off her hands and placed her hands on her hips triumphantly.

"Alrighty!" She beamed. "How about we drop the stuff off at my house, then go for lunch. We're starving!" She rubbed her belly affectionately.

"That sounds fine-" I started.

Jerry interrupted with a frown. "You're house?"

She rolled her eyes. "Well, where else would we put it all?"

"My house." He stated, matter of factly.

Alex's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Your house?"

The blond nodded firmly. "I think you and the baby should live at my house."

She blinked, taking in his words with surprise on her face. "Really?"

He nodded again. "Well, you're usually all by yourself at your place. I think it'd be better if you just moved in with me and my family."

I stared in wonder as Alex slowly nodded in agreement. Are they actually compromising on something?

She even blushed. "A-are you sure?"

"Absolutely." He assured her. "My house has three floors, I'm sure we can fit you in somewhere."

"Jerry, wow." I said aloud, genuinely surprised. "That had to be one of the most thoughtful things you've said, like, ever."

"I'm as deep as the ocean, baby." He winked at me, before smirking leaning in close to me.

I rolled my eyes and shoved his face away, but couldn't hold back my smile.

Alex smiled brightly. She opened her mouth to speak, likely to express her gratefulness, when Jerry just has to ruin everything.

"Yeah, you and our baby boy are welcome to stay in my castle."

Well, here we go again.

~
~~
~~~
~~
~

Sorry for the wait!

Just tell me what you think? It's definitely going in a different direction.

Also, I need baby names!!! Male and female. Suggestions?