Chapter 13- Defeating the Mammoth

~Selena~

How does one normally react to seeing their lover fighting for their life in the middle of an illicit gang hideout, and losing?

Just what action does the author of my life expect me to do? Looking at my situation, there was absolutely no obvious solution that wouldn't either kill someone or send all of my friends to prison. Should I call someone? The police, maybe? The FBI? My mother?

Lilly seemed to be having similar thoughts, by the look of dumbfound on her face.

Alex on the other hand, was cheering enthusiastically alongside a couple of gang members, arms wrapped around each other and beers raised in approval. "Go Mammoth, go! Aim for the less blond twin's face!"

I gave her my best death glare, and she rolled her eyes and reluctantly said goodbye to her new gang friends to rejoin Lilly and me.

"Are all of the males in our group of friends going to die?" Lilly asked, her eyes clearly fixed on Tom's lithe form. Tom weaved clumsily between the Mammoth's heavy punches, looking panicked and very much like an honor student about to get his ass kicked in his first real fight. But at least he was holding his own.

Unlike Jerry, who had taken a fierce kick to the nuts a few moments earlier and was currently curled up on the ground, his face red and looking like he was holding in a squeal.

The only person fighting the Mammoth right now who wasn't embarrassing to watch, was Conner. (Thank god.) He dodged his opponent's massive fists like a pro, occasionally getting in a few jabs of his own. It was easy to tell that out of the three, my boyfriend had the most fighting experience. I couldn't even count all of the fights he had been in over the years- most of them being against my ex-boyfriends.

I could see the girls around the room staring at him hungrily as he fought, and I had to admit that at the moment I couldn't blame them. Conner looked wickedly attractive right now, his dark hair dripping with sweat, and his intense green eyes staring at his opponent with an unbreakable focus. He was shirtless and sweaty, (swoon), and the well defined muscles of his arms and torso were almost making me start to cheer.

Conner ducked under another punch, using his lean and agile form to his advantage, before shooting forwards and landing another punch to the Mammoth's face.

Of course, this only seemed to make the guy angrier. His scowl reminded me of a starving wolf about to dig into a juicy chunk of meat.

I worriedly turned to Lilly, anxiously glancing back at the fight every so often to make sure that my boyfriend wasn't beheaded. "What do we do?"

Lilly sighed, tilting her head up to the ceiling as she thought. "I don't know yet. Although, I always thought that Jerry would have hate sex with Alex at least once, before he was brutally murdered." I nodded in agreement, glancing to where Jerry was still huddled on the floor clutching at his jewels.

"Hmmmm.... About that." Alex gave us a sly smirk, and Lilly and I exchanged an alarmed look.

"No way!" Lilly shouted, eyes wide. My jaw dropped open. "You didn't!"

Alex shrugged. "It's not a big deal. It was only a couple of times."

"There was more than just one time!?" I exclaimed. I certainly hadn't noticed anything different between the two. "How many times are we talking?"

Alex looked thoughtful for a moment, before pulling out her hand to count on her fingers. We waited impatiently as she counted and recounted her fingers, and after she got to the fifth cycle or so, I finally cut in.