|4|

"Just because I have my standards, they think I'm a bitch." - Diana Ross

===============
Friday. Brandiee.

I checked the time and it was 5pm, I was at work and boy was it a busy night at the club. As expected cause it was a Friday.

A man came up to the bar and sat in the stool. "What can I get for you tonight?" I asked.

"Uh let me just get a sparkling water." He replied.

I looked at him like he was crazy. "We don't serve that here." I said.

"Well do you have anything non-alcoholic?" He questioned.

"Water, soda, sweet tea, lemonade-"

"I'll take a lemonade." He said cutting me off.

I grabbed a glass and started making his drink. "It's disgusting what they do in these clubs, am I right?" The man said.

I stayed silent and shook my head. "Then why are you here?"

"Just trying to spread the word to these impure young folks. Your a beautiful young lady why don't you get you a nice sophisticated work place?" He asked.

"This is just my night job sir. Instead of trying to 'spread the word' why don't you take your lemonade and 'spread the word' some where else cause I promise you don't nobody give two fucks about what your saying." I said then give him his lemonade.

He looked disgusted with me then left the bar. I love the man up above but geez, I hate these Christians that come up here and judge people.. especially the strippers.

Most of the strippers do this for their kids at home or to get out of the ghetto or maybe to pay off some college debt. Some people just like getting paid even $2 daily and you shouldn't judge them for that.

Time passed and made some more drinks and it was time for my break at 9pm. I cleaned up for the next girl to take over then I went back into the locker rooms.

It was the den mother and one of the strippers arguing. This happened on a norm sometimes so I ignored it and went to my locker.

"I'm not going out on that stage! Look at this big ass bruise on my leg. You must be out of yo damn mind if you think I'm going out there." The stripper yelled.

"Your the main act and you mean to tell me you can't do one night? You think those horny ass men out there care about a stupid bruise?! You might as well leave and no longer call yourself a stripper if that what your worried about!" The den mother argued.

The girl stormed off and I shook my head. These girls need to get with the program and stop complaining.

"Love come here." The den mother called me over. Love is what everybody calls me or it's Ms. Love, i never really gave myself that name, people just gave it to me.

I walked over to her. "Wassup?"

"I need you to take Charletta's place tonight." She responded.

"Uh.. Ms. Becca I am not no stripper." I scoffed.

"But you sure do got the moves like one. Surely got the body like one too, I'll take off of your debts tonight if you do it." She bribed.