|15|

Be with a person who is beneficial to you not with a person who is only worthy of a night. - Unknown
============
a week later
Brandiee Pov

I slipped on some Ciroc as my family was having a cookout. It's been a week and we go home tomorrow night.

I was glad to go back home because I missed working. Also glad because royce told me yesterday that he scheduled some apartment viewing appointments with house retailers. I chose to go with him cause my input was needed as well, simply cause Kaori will be staying with him at times so I needed to make sure that the area was nice, it had to be close to her school, kid friendly area.. all that.

I know royce be doing his drug thing at times as well so he'll have to do that somewhere else cause not in the house where my child will be laying her head at.

"Cousin come up and dance girl." Amiyah told me with a full bottle of alcohol in her hand.

"Miyah calm down, I'm trynna chill on my last day here." I said.

She kissed her teeth. "Alright then ima shake my ass."

I shook my head playfully at her craziness and watched as she danced to the music.

Royce was out with my brother real fast to the store and Kaori was playing with my brothers kids.

My dad was enjoying himself as usual and me? I was drinking my 4th glass of Ciroc. I was tipsy a little bit was gonna be drunk if I drank another glass.

I was a little quiet simply cause I was just contemplating about Terrell. I was gonna meet him and his baby mom on Sunday and Royce stil isn't cool with it.

I need a way to find out how ima do this without having sex with him. Cause I'll be damned.

This cook out been going on till 3:30 and it's now 5pm. Everybody was basically here from my dad side, aunts, uncles, cousins, distant family members, close family friends, etc.

Damn near could've been a family reunion. I think next summer ima go ahead and get Kaori and I passport ready and head to Barbados to see my mom side of the family.

I downed the rest of my drink and got up. I heard some commotion going on inside so someone must be here.

I went through the sliding door and saw that it was Amiyah and a guy friend that I haven't seen before. He was cute.

Amiyah drunk self hugged him and I walked up to introduce myself.

"Oh! Sunny this is my cousin Brandiee. She came down a few weeks ago." She smiled.

I held my hand out. "Hi." I smiled and he gave me the same gesture back.

"Where you coming from?" I asked.

"Manhattan." He said with a nice New York accent.

"Oh okay. Expensive ass place. But ima let you and my cousin go on." I said and I waved then headed to the kitchen.

I don't know who he was to miyah but I was not about to flirt, just in case.

I put the glass in the sink and my phone dinged so I grabbed it from my pocket and it was a text from royce.