Ch.4 I'll be With By Their Side

■3rd Person POV■

Keishin parks his car and head inside the hospital. Yesterday, he talked to Y/N's mother.

~Flashback

Haruna watches Keishin and Y/N's mother talking as she was being carried by Hina. Y/N's mother told Hina to take Haruna out for a minute. Before the door closed, Haruna eyes locked on Keishin's.

Y/N's mom: now... we can talk....

Keishin looks at Y/N's mom as she holds Y/N's hand.

Keishin: I... a month after our break up... I walk past your house but it was empty...

Y/N's mom: we move out after my husband died... I... can't bear to live in that house, and my daughters say they want to come with me... Y/N... was so devastated... after she loses you... she loses her father...

Keishin's chest becomes painful at the thought of Y/N's hurting.

Keishin: she... at that time... she's already pregnant?...

Y/N's mother: we found out after two weeks in our new house... Y/N felt nauseous all the time, it turns out she's 2months pregnant...

Keishin: why didn't she tell me?

Y/N's mother looks at Keishin with a sad smile.

Y/N's mom: right after you said you hated her and accusing her of cheating? She..  Y/N doesn't want to make you hate her more than you already have Keishin... that's how much... my daughter loves you... now you knew... what do you want to do?

Keishin stares at Y/N's face and his heart clenches. He wants to apologize for hurting her, wants to say sorry for accusing her, wants to know how she feels about him now.

Keishin: is it... okay for me to visit here?

Y/N's mother's eyes are widened, she looks at Keishin as he stares at Y/N's face with regret and longing. Y/N's mother sighs and smiles a little.

Y/N's mom: I think... she's gonna be happy...

~Ends of flashback

Keishin opens the door and sees Y/N's mother holding a sleeping Haruna on her lap. By the sound of a closed door, Haruna's eyes slowly open.

Haruna: Mr. Store Keeper? You're here....

Keishin: hey... morning Mrs. L/N...

Y/N's mom: good morning Keishin...

Keishin walks closer and sits on the empty chair next to Y/N's bed. Haruna gets down from her grandma's lap and stands in front of Keishin.

Haruna: um... Mr. Store... are you really-

Keishin: ask that later when your mom's wake up okay?

Keishin stops her gently and Haruna just nods. Y/N's mom gets up and say something to Keishin.

Y/N's mom: Keishin.... do you think you can look after her for now? I spend the night here and I need to tak-

Keishin: alright

Y/N's mother's eyes are widened because he says yes so casually.

Y/N's mom: you sure?

Keishin: yes... well, I have to leave at four in the afternoon to coach the volleyball team but-