Chapter 16

The noise of rain battering the windows woke up Steve and Natasha. Natasha was the first to move. She faced her husband and he looked at her. "Good morning." Steve said in a surprisingly chirpy voice.

"How are you so cheerful?" Natasha asked, still drowsy, burrowing her face in her pillow.
"Because I can happily, proudly, say that you're my wife." Natasha faced him again and thought he was cute. She smiled at him and kissed him. Steve looked at the time and it was 12:02. He had five missed calls. Three from Fury and two from Coulson.

"I'm just gonna go and call Fury, I got three missed calls from him." He told Natasha. He got out of bed, out of the bedroom shutting the door, but only leaving a slight gap open so he could keep an eye on Natasha.

"Hey Fury, sorry I missed your calls, I overslept... Wow, okay. Yep. Thank you so so much! Yes. Okay, thanks. Bye." That was all Natasha heard him say. He entered the bedroom again and sat in bed next to Natasha. "Nick said he booked a honeymoon for us in Hawaii next week. He said we will be staying there for two weeks."

Natasha's mouth dropped open. "Seriously? Oh my... He planned it out for us?" She was so happy.

"Yeah, I guess." Steve was happy that she was. They got out of bed and got ready for the day.

Tony called a few minutes after, asking them if they wanted to go out for lunch. Steve and Natasha said yes and were on their way to Shwarma. When they arrived, the whole gang was there. Natasha sat down first then Steve sat beside her. Clint was sitting next to Natasha too. A little too close for her liking. She turned to face Steve and whispered, "Can I swap spaces with you? Clint is sitting a little too close for my liking." Steve looked over at Clint and nodded his head. They swapped spaces and Steve faced Clint. "So, Clint. Did you sleep well last night?" Clint sat up straight to try and match Steve's height, but was quite far off.

"Yes actually. I slept very well." Clint's arrogant voice kicked in and everyone looked at him in disgust. He sank down a little and apologized.

"Respect your elders, Clint." Tony laughed, "Even if they are over 95 in disguise." Everyone laughed.

When waiting for their food, Steve put an arm on the back of Natasha's chair and Natasha leaned on him. He then kissed her head. It was still raining outside.

After a while, a family of four entered the restraunt. They saw the gang and a child went up to them. He held out a book, "Can all of you please sign my book?" The book was about the Avengers. Steve recognised the little boys voice. He then recognised the boy and his mom. "Hi little boy, I don't mean to scare you, but is your name Daniel Murton?" Steve asked.

"Y... Yes. How do you know?" The boy's squeaky voice went quieter.

"Were you in Germany a few years ago?" Steve asked slowly.

"Uuummm... Yes... How do you know that too?"

"Oh, I was the one who helped you find your Mom in the hotel. She thought I was kidnapping you. Do you remember?"

Daniel's mouth dropped open, "Was that... You?" He was so happy.

"Yes. Yes it was Daniel. Do you remember?" Daniel nodded his head at this. Steve was the last one to sign the book and he handed it back to the boy. Daniel's Dad came over and said, "Sorry about my son he's-" He froze for a moment. "Aren't you guys the Avengers?" The gang nodded their head.

"Daddy, you know when I got lost in the hotel and a man helped me find you and Mummy..." Daniel looked up at his Dad. His Dad nodded. "Yeah, well he was the man who helped me." Daniel pointed to Steve. Daniel's dad walked over to Steve, shook his hand and said thank you.