Chapter 45

"Everyone to the 31st floor, please. That's everyone to the 31st floor please." Tony called through everyone's earpiece.

It was 14:00 and nobody had done anything all day. The Avengers eventually assembled at the 31st floor as Tony requested.
"Hello everyone. So, I have decided to update the tower and give it new features. For the tower to update, Jarvis needs to be active and the place needs to be empty. Therefore, I have chosen to take us all to stay in Brooklyn until the tower is complete. Brooklyn was the best place to stay. I looked online. So, that means everyone has to pack everything needed, bearing in mind that this could take from a few months, to a few years." Tony announced. Everyone went back to their places to pack.
"Tony, do we stay at our house?" Steve asked.
"It's up to you." Tony smiled. Steve asked James and Natasha if they wanted to go and they both agreed.

Everyone had packed and was now waiting outside the tower by the pick-up place. Tony drove the minibus to where the gang were and parked. He opened the doors and everyone piled in with their luggage.
"So guys are we all ready?" Tony asked, as he changed the gear of the minibus. Everyone chimed with yes and Tony drove to Brooklyn. Everyone was so excited.

On the journey to Brooklyn, the gang started singing along to the radio and playing games. They had so much fun, that the time traveling felt like nothing at all.

The minibus came to a slow stop. Tony pulled the handbrake and unclipped his seatbelt.
"Alright, folks. We are here!" Tony jumped out the vehicle and slid open the doors to let the gang out. One by one, the Avengers stared up at the building they were going to be staying at. They admired and smiled at it.
"Thank you so much, Tony!" Steve said. Everyone copied and Tony grinned.

Tony walked up to the front door, unlocked it and opened it. He stepped in and looked around. Steve, Clint and James followed in after with suitcases and bags. Steve lead them to the living room and put them down. He stood up and went back to the minibus to get the remaining bags.

After a few minutes, everyone was inside the house, looking around.
"I declare this room!" Clint ran into a medium sized room, followed by Tony.
"No, I want this toom!" Tony tried to push Clint out.
"Oh, come on! Firstly, I declared it first. Secondly You can have the biggest room!" Clint whined.
"Everyone! Down in the living room, please!" Steve called out from lower down.

Clint and Tony were the last members to reach the living room.
"Where have you guys been" Bruce asked.
"On the top floor. Looking around MY room." Clint sat down, watching for Tony's reaction. Tony glared.
"Exactly why I called everyone down here. I have the floor plan of the building with me and I have decided which room should be who's that I chose. You will be able to swap later on. So, Clint, Bruce and James. You guys will be on the top floor. You may choose what room you want, but be mature. Tony, you have the second floor with the biggest room. That leaves Natasha, Martha and me on the first floor. Everyone happy?" Steve looked around. Nobody had any problems, so Steve dismissed everyone.

James, Bruce and Clint discussed who would have what room and they were happy with it. Tony, a level lower down from them, was unpacking things and putting it away.

Natasha was in her and Steve's bedroom looking out the window. Steve came in and started reading a newspaper.
"So, this is the part of America where you became... You." Natasha drew the curtains and sat on the bed.
"I'm just a kid from Brooklyn." Steve smiled. Martha was in her cott asleep. The sound of Steve and Natasha's soft voices comforted her.

Pepper and Tony, who were downstairs, called everyone down to have dinner. It was steak and chips with a side of vegetables. This meal was Clint's favourite, but everyone else loved it too.

It was extreamly late at night when everyone saw the time. James, Thor and Clint were playing on the Xbox, Steve and Natasha were watching them play and Tony, Bruce and Pepper were in the kitchen tidying up. Steve looked at his watch and exclaimed, "Oh, gosh! It's 02:45!"
James turned off the Xbox and TV, Thor and Clint put away the controllers, Tony, Bruce and Pepper went to their rooms to get ready for bed and Steve and Natasha were waiting for Thor, James and Bruce to go up.

Everyone was in bed and soon, the house filled up with the sound of gentle snoring. Steve lay in bed awake listening to everyone. Natasha had her head rested on his chest and Martha was still sleeping in her cott. Natasha suddenly shuffled closer to Steve and wrapped her arm around his chest. He placed his hand on her arm and rubbed it slowly with his thumb.

The white noise of the fellow housemates allowed Steve to pleasantly drift off into a deep sleep.