Chapter 39

It had been three months since Natasha had told Steve she was pregnant and at 10:32, Natasha woke up with Steve beside her as usual. She got out of bed and got ready for the day.

When Natasha was getting dressed, Steve woke up and moved around the bed. Natasha saw that he was awake and sat in bed with him.
"Good morning. What were you talking about last night?" Natasha put a hand on Steve's head.
"I wasn't talking about anything last night." Steve looked at her weirdly.
"Yes you did. You were talking about getting watches from the fridge, how cold grapes were and that drinks went all over you."
"No, I don't remember. Were you dreaming?"
"I wasn't dreaming, no. I think you sleep talk." Natasha said as she got off the bed and into the bathroom, smiling.
"Where are you going?" Steve called after her.
"I'm going to brush my teeth!" Natasha called back. Steve closed his eyes and fell asleep again.

Steve had a mysterious alarm on his phone, which was set for 11:00. He turned it off and got up to get dressed and brush his teeth. He walked into the living room and saw Natasha in the small study looking at papers. She had her back facing the door, so she didn't see Steve. He walked up to her to see what she was reading. When he entered the study, he turned on the light which made Natasha jump. She turned around and looked up to see Steve in his typical plain white shirt and light caramel colored trousers.
"Sorry." He said.
"It's fine. You've got a contract with a music group from three years ago." Natasha put down the papers.
"Yeah, they sent them to me and asked if I wanted to join them. I have never even heard of them." Steve said as he switched off the light and followed Natasha into the lift.

On the 31st floor, Clint was there watching TV. Natasha and Steve entered the room and Clint turned around.
"Hi guys... Nat, have you put on weight?" Clint stood up to get a better view. Natasha shook her head and smiled. Her size had become much bigger.

Steve sat on the sofa with James and Ben.
"James, do you like being a single child?"
"Not really. It can get lonely at home. Why?"
"Nothing. If you had a sibling, what gender would you want him or her to be?"
"I think a little brother would be cool. Why are you asking me?"
"Well James, your mother's pregnant again. The doctors said it had been three months since last Monday. She went to the hospital and the doctors did a scan. We don't know what gender though. Don't tell anyone else." Steve got up and went to Natasha.
"I've told James. We have to tell everyone else." Steve whispered so Clint couldn't hear.
"I know, but when?" Natasha turned around.
"Now?" Steve looked around and saw everyone was there. Natasha nodded and went back to Steve's room.
"Guys, come over here. Me and Natasha have just decided to tell you something. Four people already know and three are here right now." Steve motioned for everyone to sit at the dining table.
"So, Clint, you thought that Natasha had put on weight. She hasn't. She will be getting bigger for a few months. Natasha is pregnant again and I vote James to tell you further." Steve looked at his son and left in the lift.

At Steve's place, Steve and Natasha were talking about the night before. Tony knocked on the front door and opened it.
"Hi guys, can I come in?" Natasha nodded and Tony entered. "So I just wanted to say, Natasha. You have married and had a child with a 95 year old man. How is that possible?"
"Well, there's only a 15 year difference." Natasha spoke with a calm voice.
Steve and Tony both said at the same time, "WHAT?!"
"Yeah, didn't you know? I have a variation of the super soldier serum injected in me. I am seventy years old, but I have stayed young due to the serum. I age very slowly, so I look like I'm in my twenties at the moment." Natasha made it sound as if the twomen should have already known. Steve and Tony looked at each other and back at Natasha.

Tony only wanted to have a chat with Steve and Natasha, so he left after half an hour and it was now 13:44.

Steve was sitting on the sofa watching TV, whilst Natasha was in the bedroom reading. Natasha read 29 chapters of her book, before bookmarking it and putting it back. She went into the living room and sat with Steve, who switched off the TV just as she sat down.
"Oh, sorry, Nat. Did you want to watch TV?" Steve sat up straight. Natasha shook her head and grinned.

Natasha sat closer to Steve and put a hand on his chest. She then moved her hand to Steve's face and carefully pulled him closer to her.
"What are you up to?" Steve said in a low, husky voice. Natasha didn't answer. Instead, she pushed Steve to lay down and laid on top of him. She brushed her lips against his, making him pull her down to kiss him. Natasha moved her head to Steve's neck and trailed her tongue up to his ear. She sucked at his ear lobe, before tracing her lips back down his neck.
"Natalia Alinova Romanova, what are you-" Steve was hushed by Natasha kissing his lips.

James and Bruce were going to hang out with Steve and Natasha, when they saw them through the front window.
"I think we should come back later." Bruce turned around and headed for the lift. James nodded and followed.

After a few minutes, Natasha sat up on Steve as Nick's voice rang through everyone's earpieces.
"All Avengers, meet me at my headquarters, now." Nick's voice was louder than usual. Natasha got off Steve and they both left for the lift.

James, Ben and Thor were the last people to arrive in Nick's headquarters.
"Right guys, we are all here, yes?" Nick did a little headcount before continuing, "Yes. So guys, we have been invited to a party for my friend's birthday. You all know him, he's Stan Lee. So, you need to dress formally. We leave in half an hour." Everyone left into the lift to their rooms and get changed.

Outside the tower, all the Avengers, Pepper, Nick, Phil and Maria were waiting for the minibus. All the men were wearing suits, but not the same ones and the women were wearing dresses.

James and Ben were standing with Natasha and Steve, chatting about missions. Finally, the minibus arrived and everyone piled in. Nick told the driver where they were going and they were off.

It had been a twenty-five minute journey, but the Avengers arrived on time. They exited the minibus one by one and entered the building.
"Hello guys, welcome!" Sten Lee greeted everyone as they walked through the door. There weren't many people there.

James, Ben, Natasha and Steve were in the corner of the room chatting. Steve suddenly felt someone grab his arm. He turned and saw it was Tony. Tony pulled Steve and said, "Come over here! Have a couple of beers with us!" Steve tried to stay put, but Thor walked over and pulled him too.
"Go and have fun!" Natasha gently pushed Steve away.
"Okay. I'll be back!" Steve gave up and let the men drag him away.

It was now 23:00 and the party was now over. The men, except Nick and Phil, were drunk and the women just laughed at them as they were doing stupid things. Nick, Phil, Natasha, Maria, Pepper, James and Ben had to assist the men onto the minibus. The driver drove slowly to make sure nobody vomited.

Everyone had got off the minibus and was now in the lift of the tower. Tony was almost asleep, leaning against the doors, Bruce was using all his strength to stand up, Thor was sitting down on the floor against the wall and Natasha was supporting Steve to stand up, by holding his arm.

Steve and Natasha were the first to arrive at their floor, as it was lower down in the tower and Steve stumbled out. Natasha unlocked the door and Steve passed out on the sofa. Natasha laughed at him as she shut the front door and walked into the bedroom. She came back out with a thin blanket and put it over Steve. She then went into the kitchen, brought out a glass of water, put it on the coffee table along with two painkillers and went to get ready for bed.

Natasha laid in bed and heard Steve quietly snoring. She smiled to herself and fell asleep.