Sky Log #17: The Allure of Pants

Pants.

Pants.

Pants.

Just... pants.

I'm not talking about regular pants that you can get from the constellation spirits. I'm talking about those from the seasons. Particularly the ones from the Season of Rhythm. Yes, those pants are what nearly everyone in Sky has been simping about.

To many kids that I have seen on Sky, those pants are life.

Before the first traveling sprit from Season of Rhythm appear, you can hear the cries and moans of the kids to the point that they can pray to the gods just to meet one. That was how highly valued the pants are. If you don't believe me, just compare the pants from Season of Rhythm to the pants you can get from the constellations' spirits.

Pants from the constellations' spirits only have that one basic colour that doesn't quite add life to your wardrobe. It is true that you can switch up the styles of the pants but... it is just very different from the pants from the Season of Rhythm.

Given that the Season of Rhythm is winter-themed, all their pants are dyed in a rich blue with golden trims. They have more details, variety and styles, adding more to the aesthetics of cosmetics to Sky.

Just owning one set of pants is enough to make you look cool and awesome.

Perhaps that was why everyone in the world of Sky is drooling over the pants. It is, after all, the first season to roll out a season full of pants.

4 out of the 6 seasonal Rhythm spirits have different set of pants: Troupe Greeter, Festive Spin Dancer, Admiring Actor and Troupe Juggler. So far, the only spirit I have not met as a traveling spirit is probably the Troupe Juggler. But maybe very soon, I might be able to meet him and obtain his pants.

Fortunately, Season of Rhythm is not the only season with pants now.

Season of Sanctuary, Season of Prophecy, Season of Dreams and Season of Assembly have at least one set of pants given out as part of the adventure pass privilege.

It's a bit of a pity for many of us who cannot afford in-app purchases to try out the pants during the season but eventually the spirits will come back as travelling spirits. By then, the pants would be affordable in terms of candles, rather than as real money. Unfortunately, it seemed that the pricing of the pants are still too much for a young moth because they may go as high as about 70 candles.

You can imagine how much our hearts bleed as we watched our two weeks of saved candles get depleted in a single purchase.

If you don't know how much you should save for a travelling spirit who comes every 2 weeks, you should reserve at least 200 candles and 20 hearts for them. It is also estimated that if a travelling spirit appears once, for example Thoughtful Director from Season of Rhythm, you may have to wait for at around a year before they appear again.

But it's still worth it in the end.

Luckily, judging from some of the changes in the beta spoilers of Season of Assembly, it is highly probable that we may have pants that could be purchasable with candles during the season. That also means that more players will have their hearts bleeding with how much candles they have to save.

Given that we are on the topic of pants, I might as well rate the pants that had appeared from each season and give the prices of the pants that the spirits have come back as travelling spirits.

Season of Rhythm:

Festive Spin Dancer's pants (1st appeared on 3 Sept 2020)

Cost 65 candles. It's baggy at the bottom, like you can hide some snacks in there during a candle run. I really like the half logo of Rhythm on the belt. It felt like a redeeming quality in my mind but it's the first pants that appeared so... 7/10.

Admiring Actor's pants (1st appeared on 15 October 2020)

Cost 65 candles. I like the tight fit of this pants. Really accentuates the non-existing curves of Sky kids and bring out the maturity in them. I hope my words don't sexualize the pants or the kids and that is not intention. If it does, I'm sorry, I don't know how to make it less bad but it's a really neat design that brings out a different side to you. The knee-high boots are really cute. So, it's a solid 9/10. It's my go-to pants when I feel very me or when I want to bring out my inner prettiness.

Troupe Greeter's pants (1st appeared on 24 December 2020)

Cost 70 candles. I think it's more expensive because it really looks like it's built for heavy-duty snow weather conditions. Like look at the fur linings on the boots. It's made to make you feel cozy and warm. 6/10 on regular days because it's too hot in them but 8/10 when I want to make a statement and shovel all the snow in Valley of Triumph.

Troupe Juggler's pants (yet to appear)

Price unknown. I think it's popular because of the belt sash? I'm not really sure. It gives me the same vibes as the Festive Spin Dancer's pants so... 7.5/10? Maybe you might find some oranges inside the pants...

Season of Sanctuary:

Rallying Thrillseeker's manta onesie (1st appeared on 29 April 2021)

Cost 70 candles. The first onesie to appear in Sky. It's very adorable to wear. If you wear it as chibi-size, it makes you feel like a baby. You are destined to be fawned over by your friends and even strangers. But in regular size, it makes you feel like you are going for a slumber party.

10 000/10 because it is too adorable.

Jelly Whisperer's pants (yet to appear)

Price unknown. This set of pants have non-functioning pockets. It's the type of pockets that you wished it was more useful than it looks. Apart from that, the pants give you the explorer vibes. This means that it can vibe well with me. 8/10

Season of Prophecy:

Prophet of Fire's pants (yet to appear)

Price unknown. The bottom is large and angular that makes it look like you are wearing priest's robes but you are not. Very cool, very suave. Will wear it on days when I, the Lone Traveler, feel in the mood to be handsome. Off the charts/10

Season of Dreams:

Peeking Postman (yet to appear)

Price unknown. It's not a set of pants. It's a set of uniform that makes the bunny postman very attractive among housewives. Its colours are black, gold and maroon. Boots have laces that crisscrossed up your calves. 9/10

Bearhug Hermit's clothes (yet to appear)

Price unknown. Very fluffy. Very furry. Very floofy. Give me a bit of tribal culture vibe. When paired with chibi mask, you are a definite fluff ball. I'm confident that if I wear this set of clothing and roll around the snowy hills of Valley, I will not get a cold. 8/10 for furriness but 6/10 because it is not great for regular weather.

Season of Assembly:

Chuckling Scout's pants (yet to appear)

Priceunknown. It is an overall with hiking boots that make the visible part of yourlegs look like sticks. It brings back childhood memories when your mama isworried about you getting drenched in the rain but you just want to splash inthe puddle and have some fun under it. Therefore, it makes you once again fallin love with the rainy weather in Hidden Forest. If it doesn't for you, thenyou are an unfortunate soul with no childhood. 8/10

~~~~~Author's Notes~~~~~ 8 June 2021

I thought I will add in a fun chapter about pants. And of course, an evaluation of THE pants. We have more pants being manufactured out from new seasons so maybe not a lot of players are simping over Season of Rhythm's pants.