Sky Log #29: A Veteran's Guide

Since I have written a guide for moths, I believe that writing a short guide on how to be an experienced "butterfly" is in order. However, what I have written here may not be accurate to what everyone believes a veteran should be.

As Sky progresses, the line between a "moth" and a "butterfly" blurs. The longer you stay in Sky, the more you are acquainted with the world, its creatures, and the seasons. However, you may be the type that finished all the realms and decided to take a break before coming to every new season to play again. So, it is difficult to define a "butterfly"/veteran/expert precisely.

There are, after all, many types of butterflies.

So, I will write a general gist of a veteran. Perhaps, I may go in-depth on the different types of veterans in a separate entry.

~~~

I think to be considered a veteran or an expert in Sky. You need to:

· Know the general candle farming route for all the realms

This is a must if you want to be considered a veteran, especially when buying stuff. I'm not sure if there's anyone who stayed in this world long enough not to know where to get candles and lights. Maybe they might get an Uber or get dragged around by their friends...

· Know the currency system used in Sky; the differences between a regular white candle, an ascended Eden candle, and a season candle, plus the heart trading system that involves gifting presents or lighting candles

If there's a veteran who does not know much, then there's not much to say... Anyway, I have written up a portion dedicated to the currency system in Sky Log 22: A Moth's Guide Part 2

· Understand how to use the creatures and plants around you, such as the manta, butterflies, glowing mushrooms, etc

· Know how to subdue crabs and avoid krills

For the above 2 points about the creatures in Sky, I have dedicated a whole section about the type of animals in the world of Sky in Sky Log 22: A Moth's Guide Part 2. I heard some spoilers that we may get to see some underwater creatures in the upcoming Season of Abyss. Wonder if our favourite zoologist, Chester Abbott (one of my friend's, David's original character), will make any new findings? He made a short film about manta's life cycle on Sanctuary Island. Highly informative.

· Know where all the winged lights are

This should be a piece of cake for veterans. I lost count of how many winged bois I have total, but I know I have more than enough for 11 wedges.

· Get ten wedges for your cape

This may take a while because the maximum winged bois in the realms are just enough for 7 wedges. The rest of the winged bois must be collected from unlocking the ascended branch in traveling spirits' constellation trees.

· Know how to travel through Eden safely

My requirement is to travel until the Point of No Return without losing any wing bois. So, that means you need to avoid stuff like the flying rocks, the krills, and some shiny but dangerous-looking gems. Then, after the Point of No Return, it's good luck to you because we all know what happens next.

I was actually thinking of a requirement like knowing the shortcut to get through Eden quickly, but not everyone knows that. So, I left it as it is.

· Know how to guide a moth or another child safely through a realm

I like to think that a veteran has done this at least once for a moth. It could be on impulse or a one-time thing. Maybe it happened for a short time because your moth decided to get stuck during their journey.