23, The final

D's visions went blurry at the time when the King took her away. When she gained little bit of consciousness, she could feel herself being carried away by someone on horseback. She barely had strength to open her eyes even though she could hear her surroundings. The poison level on her body kept increasing.

Being helpless to do anything to know who is carrying her, nor could stay still without support, she slowly leans against the person's chest.

The only thing she could hear clearly is this person's heart beat. She know now that this person is scared and confused. But who could this person be?

"If it was Taehyung, Hoseok or Jimin, they would definitely spoke a word."

She felt the material of the fabric and understood that it is the King. She wanted to move her body away from him, stop him and run away, but she couldn't help. Instead, she wanted to know why he had saved her when he knew that she would die anyway with that poison.

With a low spirit, she began to question Yoongi.
"Why...did you...come to...rescue me?"
"You...said that...that you don't want to...see me again."
"Did you...step back...step back from your words?"

The King didn't respond quickly, but found no words to answer. He didn't want to tell her the truth about his heart, his love.
He then replied, "I'm here, because I want to show Ye Jin what I am."
There was no live in his words today. The King which D knew, who always spoke with his whole soul that he will destroy his enemies is no more alive in him. Infact she heard the voice of Yoongi whom his brothers and Yoonji longed for.

She smiled faintly and the tears escaped.
"Ohhh... Then, then you must be...happy that you were... able to show... what you are to... Ye Jin. But, you...you are... wasting time now. Leave me... here, somewhere, somewhere...beneath the tree...in the shade. There's no more... life left... in me."

There was a moment of silence.

She began to speak again.
"That day, I told you...the truth...but I was drunk..."
"Not aware...of what I..was speaking."
"But...today, I know... What I want to say, even.... though... I'm lacking energy to say."

"I came to see... taehyung that day, but I... met you instead. Thinking that...you are him, because... because you had... scar on you, I thought... it's you whom I want... to tell who...who I am, but...I was wrong."
Even with pain, she didn't refuse to smile at her silliness.

"After that, Hoseok and Jimin helped... me get away, but things...things didn't go right. Seokjin forced me to leave, but I... I changed my mind half a way and.... returned to help Jimin...,but Instead of him, I met... Yoonji." She paused

"When of all these... I feel...as if... it's destined to meet you...even though... though it's... against...our will." She continued and went silence for longer time.

Yoongi who was holding back his tears, trying not to react on her stories, was now scared. His heart started to beat fast, his hands began to shiver. Yet D didn't speak a word.

He was scared. He wanted to speak, "but what if she didn't answer back? What then? Knowing that she has lasted, would kill me." He thought.

Somehow he decided to utter few words to confirm.
"You are not gone yet right? Remember, I had made a promise to grant your wish. Remember that I kept you safe because one day I wanted to do it. You can't die on your own. Your death is in my hands." He unwillingly said the last.

"I'm listening."
The moment she uttered this, a tear drop from Yoongi fell over D's cheeks. She felt it and slowly tried hard to look at him as she was still resting her head on his chest.