02

The same night, D spends time on researching about Joseon dynasty and the king who ruled and is ruling. About the founder and their expansion, their achievements, their names but no photography. And him, they call the evil king is nowehere in the Naver. She had heard people talking about the evil king, but there's nothing about him and his bad deeds in the internet.

This is why Miss Susan asked me to do it. If I succeed, then it's a great achievement. Something that no one could do will be done by the new younger writer. May be Miss Susan was right about it. And she sarcastically said to interview the king, doesn't mean that she meant it. All I need to do is interview few villagers about their life there and about the king. That's it. I don't have to face the king.

She shuts her laptop, gets off the bed and begins to pack her things.

She opens the wardrobe, takes 3 pairs of formal clothes and 2 night wears, a torch, tooth brush, hair cleanser, face scrub and moisturizer, some money, takes a dress out for tomorrow, a pair of shoes that could support her till she finishes her work, a book and 2 pens for writing. She looks at her laptop, but couldn't afford losing it in her journey. She then walks into the kitchen and then opens a kitchen drawer and takes out a knife for her safety. She packs it in such a way that it's easy to get hold of it.

When it's already 4 am in the morning, she wakes up and begins to prepare for the day. She takes a hot shower, prepares a simple sandwich for the breakfast and starts to get dressed up with the outfit she had set yesterday. A white shirt and a light blue ankle length jeans and white sneakers. She ties a high pony but then leaves her hair untied. In that way it would be easier to disguise herself for quick moments with her hair. She gets a bottle of water from the refrigerator and then shuts down the lights and locks the door and wears her black long length jacket and sits in her doorstep, waiting for Miss Susan and her messenger to pick her up.

After 15 to 20 minutes, a black Mercedes arrives in front of her house. The door unlocks, but nobody steps out, nor she could see through the black window glass of it. She gets in and finds the messenger and Mr. Kim seated in the front. The door unlocks and the wheels were already on motion before she could even take a proper breathe.

" So you are ready to do it." Mr. Kim asks looking through the front mirror.

" I think so."

" And if she is lying about your safety?"

"She won't." D responds firmly.

Mr. Kim nods with less impression. " What do you think? Will they allow you to cross the border to Kaesong city?"

D didn't know what to say and speaks in a trembling tone. "Weren't you supposed to do that?"

"My duty ends up to the border, it's left to you. You can't take that knife with you. Don't you know that?" Mr. Kim asks.

"How come you know that?" D questions shockingly.

Mr. Kim smiles at her through the front mirror of the car.

D continues after a pause, arguing . " That's for my safety." She unzips her bag and takes the knife out and hands it to Mr. Kim.

"Do you want to take airline or just drive to the city?" He asks further.

Whatever it is, you will not help me to pass the border. Isn't it? Then why are you asking me? I will go by myself. Just stop the car, I will find my way from here." D says.

The messenger quickly stops the car as she hears D and speaks up first time without being asked to speak. "Just get down. Find yourself help." She says as she unlocks the car.