03

She wandered in the market hesitatingly with all those strangers staring at her. Her attire was the one that caught up everyone's attention. She looks at her watch and realizes that she had been wandering for 30 minutes since she got off the cart and headed to the village market.

If it was Seoul, I would have easily found a good place to stay with variety of price, but here finding a place to live is deadly difficult, just like surviving a deadly drought. There's no building more than two floors and to these two floor buildings were limited and expected to be owned by middle class family or in other words, the dogs of the king? Or left overs of the late Royal families. In this mid afternoon, I could hear my stomach growl. I hadn't had a bite of food since I got off the flight nor I thought of packing some sandwiches from home. The berries that the woman gave me were not enough to satisfy my hunger. As I moved further and further into the village, I got stumbled into guy on the midway. The market is so engaged that it was hard to walk without bumping onto someone. But I had no idea about person I stumbled into. He literally bent a way enough to fall on the ground, but he managed himself well. This person could be connected to the King and the woman had told not to interfere with the King's business and his people.

She quickly bowed to him in apology without checking on him. No words came out of his mouth for a moment until he recognizes her outfit.

"It's you. Wake up, what are you doing here?" He holds both the sides of her shoulder and raises her up back to her position.

She looks at him and then smiles in relief. "It's you, thank god, thank god, thank god it's you." She uttered.

"There's no god here. We have only King and that King himself is a god here." He declared.

She makes a disappointed face, but the cart man didn't bother about her disappointments. "You still didn't find a place to live, didn't you? It's not good for a foreigner to walk on the street being noticed by the people. Do you understand?"

She nods in response and follows his steps. He takes her to his house. His house is two floored which D had expected to be owned by high class families or left overs of deceased Royal families or maybe families that serve the King in present.

She hesitated, but the guy and woman were trust worthy, that's how she felt about them from the beginning. He walks in first and she follows him.

"Eomma! We have a guest here." He says.

The elderly woman walks out of a room with few folded clothes on her hands and faces us. She's the same woman D had met in the cart, who handed her berries. D smiles at her, but the old lady focuses on replying to her son.

"She is going to stay in our house? How long can we give shelter to city people like this all the time? One day we will be punished by the King." She says less likely to herself.

D steps back few steps and speaks. " I'm sorry. I didn't want to cause any harm to you. I will look for some other place to live.

Having said so, D turns around and walks towards the door. The son stops her and explains the circumstances to his mother.

"She haven't found any place yet and who will give her the shelter? Fearing the king, nobody will even think of imagining to help her. In that case, we are her only hope. She had been wandering in the market and if by chance she got noticed by the King then?"

The mother nods. "Alright. She can stay here and share Da Won's room."

D murmurs the name again. "Da Won."

"Da Won. That's correct  it's his elder sister's name. You can share her room." The mother says.

D smiles at them and speaks up. " My name is Da Won too."