Chapter 4

• The One Where Chaeyoung's Heterosexuality Goes Bi-Bi-Bi •

Mornings sucked.

Chaeyoung had never been a fan of them, even when Saturday Morning cartoons were a thing. Her mother left for work at five in the morning, Daeho left at six, and her siblings took the bus at seven even though their elder sister had a license and a car. Chaeyoung's alarms didn't even go off until seven thirty, and school started at eight, but it took her a good twenty minutes to wake up, five to get ready, and five to drive to the high school.

Right now, she was currently in her up but mentally still snoozin' stage. She huddled over a bowl of cereal at the kitchen table, blinking blearily at the television on mute.

Then she jumped, jerking her arms and consequently causing cereal and milk to slop out of the bowl and over the hardwood surface of the table. She looked up sourly to see that it was Lisa who had burst through the door.

"Chaeyoung," breathed Lisa, brown eyes widening in relief. There was an urgent air about her as she marched forward across the kitchen. There was something in her hands, but honestly, it was too early. It was far too early. Chaeyoung was not a morning person. Lisa knows this.

Chaeyoung glared at her as she scooted her bowl of half-gone cereal in its place centered before her again and raised the spoon. Lisa halted in place, brow furrowing, perplexed at Chaeyoung's behavior, before she took in the spilled mess. She lifted her free hand to glance at her watch, and her lips quirked as she looked back up at Chaeyoung. "Oh. Morning Chaeyoung. Right." Bottom lip slightly tucked in, as though she were trying hard not to laugh (which, knowing Lisa, she probably was), Lisa hurried to the kitchen bar and returned with a handful of paper towels. As she began to mop up the table, she continued in the same frantic rush, "Look, I really need your help, are you busy this morning? I'm guessing not. Can you please help me?"

Chaeyoung twitched her brow up, exasperated. If it were anyone else, she would be annoyed that it was assumed she wasn't doing anything, even though it was an accurate assumption since Chaeyoung never did anything in the mornings except shuffle around the house like a zombie, occasionally threatening to murder her younger brothers if they were being loud idiots. Lisa, however, had learned many years ago that Chaeyoung had to have at least a good hour, after food and coffee, to adequately behave like a sane human being. So this really must be an emergency if Lisa was risking the wrath of Morning Chaeyoung.

"Yeah, sure," sighed Chaeyoung. "What is it?"

"Well, uh..."

That was when Chaeyoung finally looked up from her cereal and really truly absorbed Lisa's presence. Her stomach flipped, like it always did around her.

Lisa's hair was pulled back in intricate braids. Her face was smooth, save for her signature war paint she always wore on game days. She had on a form fitting underarmor long-sleeve shirt and sweatpants. She wasn't wearing shoes; she usually didn't when she entered Chaeyoung's house; Clare and Daeho liked to keep the carpet clean. Glancing over at the door, Chaeyoung saw that Lisa's shoes were perched neatly against the wall.

"It's this. Tell me you can fix this," said Lisa, quiet desperation in her voice as lifted....oh. It was red fabric. Judging by the black letters that were flashed at her, Chaeyoung could tell it was her Sounders uniform.

"Ten's already gone to school for some honors meeting thing, and no one else can do it." Lisa spread out the shirt, revealing a huge hole from the right armpit to nearly the bottom hem.

Chaeyoung squinted at it for a moment, and then nodded. Clare had taught her some rudimentary sewing skills, and this wasn't the first time Chaeyoung had had to patch up some ruined clothes. She'd grown up constantly in trouble thanks to her adventuring with Lisa (which involved far too much dirt for Clare's liking). "Yeah, I can do it. It won't be as good as Ten's though."