Chapter 11 - "You have to trust me."

Cece stared in disbelief that Hendrix was right there, at the other end of the dairy section. She watched as he scanned the yogurt selection unsure what to do, but when he turned in her direction Cece didn't think as she ducked behind Barista Boy. He had been saying something but he stopped mid-sentence.

"Umm..." Barista Boy started.

"Act normal," Cece said through gritted teeth.

"That would be a little easier if you weren't hiding behind me," he argued.

"Shhh," she hissed. To his credit, Barista Boy stopped talking and awkwardly tried to not move and act like he was searching the shelves at the same time.

After a minute, Cece chanced a peek around him and found that Hendrix was gone.

"Shoot!" she said, coming out from her hiding spot.

Barista Boy looked at her curiously. "Was there a point to that?" he asked, "or was food shopping not exciting enough for you?"

"The man at the end of the aisle," she said, starting to move to where Hendrix had been. "Did you see which way he went?"

"Uhhh...left?" It sounded more like a question, but she went left when she reached the end of the aisle and skidded to a halt when she spotted Hendrix only a few feet away looking for something near the cash registers. Cece quickly moved back into the aisle and ran into Barista Boy.

"Woah," he said, catching her before she could stumble over.

"Sorry," she murmured.

"What are we doing?" he asked as she sneaked to the end of the aisle and peeked out. Hendrix hadn't moved. She pulled back, her mind racing as she tried to figure out her next move.

"What are you doing?' Barista Boy asked again.

"The man that was in the aisle before is a cyber-terrorist."

Barista Boy's eyes grew big with interest. He thought about it for a moment before he nodded. "Which guy?"

Cece sneaked a peek to confirm Hendrix hadn't moved. "The man in the black hoodie checking out the potted flowers."

Barista Boy started to lean out but she caught him before he could go too far.

"Be careful. He can't know we are watching him."

He gave her a reassuring nod and moved more carefully. It took a moment for his eyes to find their target. When they did a smile spread across his face. "That's not..."

"Shhh," Cece hushed him as she pulled him back into the aisle. "I don't have time to explain it right now but I have proof. You have to trust me."

He studied her for a long moment and she could tell he was trying to decide whether or not to believe her. After a moment his eyes got an excited gleam.

"What's our move?"

She grinned. Barista Boy just kept earning good points in her book. It felt good to not be alone.

"Okay," she said seriously, the full weight of responsibility settling back on her shoulders. She had let herself get distracted talking with Barista Boy and it was time to return her focus to Hendrix.

"We should follow him," she finally decided. "See if he has any more secret hand-offs."

"Smart thinking," Barista Boy said.

"We'll move once he leaves the store," Cece said. She looked down at the basket of food in Barista Boy's hand.

He followed her gaze. "I'll check out now. Why don't you go browse the greeting cards? Once the guy..."