Chapter 14 - "The President is back."

"...and we're walking out the door and I see the most beautiful..."

"Don't forget the waitress first," Zachary said, cutting Franklin off.

"The waitress," Malcolm laughed.

"That's right!" Franklin said loudly.

If the restaurant had hoped for a quiet morning they shouldn't have given Cece and the three boys a table. From the moment they had left The Thinking Cup Malcolm, Franklin and Zachary had bombarded Cece with stories about their travels. From the food to the girls, they talked over and around each other, making sure they didn't leave out a single detail.

As they had walked along Charles Street, Cece had tried to pay attention while simultaneously trying to decipher the look Barista Boy had given her.

Then Franklin had called her name to get her attention and she had let go of Barista Boy to focus on the boy's stories. But she quickly found she didn't need to focus that hard. With all three boys talking at once Cece barely understood half of what they were saying so she had accepted a glass of champagne and sat back.

It didn't take long for Cece to remember what she enjoyed about the group. Since Malcolm had left she had only known hating him for leaving her, but with him back by her side, his arm casually slung over the back of her chair pointing out the wrong things in Franklin's stories, Cece was reminded of his charm.

A big part of his charm was also his friends who provided the entertainment through three bottles of champagne and the restaurant's morning hours.

Hitting Charles Street after the restaurant closed for the morning, Cece was surprised and not surprised to find Annabelle. The boys cheered at the sight of her and before Cece knew what was happening the group was off to their next destination.

They continued to move to different locations in the city collecting more friends as they went and it was a large group of people that deposited Cece back at her house ten hours later. Franklin led the group in a goodbye song as they continued along Charles Street and to their respective homes.

Cece waved goodbye as she tiredly climbed the stairs. When she pushed open the front door, Tristan and Elliot were waiting for her in the entryway. Elliot had a carton of ice cream in one hand and a spoon in her mouth. Tristan was eating a bowl of cereal.

"I would ask where you have been all day but I would recognize Franklin's off-tune voice anywhere," Elliot said.

"The President is back," Tristan stated.

"He is," Cece said, kicking off her shoes and pushing past her siblings into the kitchen. She felt like she had spent the whole day eating but she always had room for ice cream. She grabbed a spoon.

"How did the President take the break up?" Elliot asked. Cece answered by looking directly at her sister as she took a spoonful of ice cream,

"Dear Elliot, if the knowledge that Cece spent the whole day with the President didn't clue you into the fact that she did not break up with him," Tristan said, "then the heavy trail of cologne that followed her into the house should have."

"Cece?" Elliot said.

"I never said I was going to break up with him," Cece said.

"I didn't think it needed to be said after he ditched you without any warning to go to Europe," Elliot pointed out.

"She does make a good argument," Tristan said.

"How's Wendy?" Cece asked flatly. Tristan held up his hands in surrender, his part of the argument dropped.