Chapter 8: More than just a plus one.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Enjoy!! also heads up at this point I don't even think Covid exist in this AU😭 (don't forget to like and vote)
———————
"Come on Andy you have to wear the red dress."

"LETTE. This is literally a charity for helping the homeless not a mom's drunk night out."

I was currently going back and forth with Arlette and Hailey on what to wear but it seemed like both girls were not a very good help.

"But I mean you are Jon's plus one or what normal people would say as date so you gotta look hot"

"Hailey this is literally not a date. Now give me the red dress I'll try it on so you guys can just shut up"

"YAYYY," Arlette handed me the dress as I stepped into the bathroom

I was extremely hesitant about wearing this dress but knowing Hailey and Arlette they'd probably end up convincing me to wear it.

"DREA HURRY UP!!" I heard Hailey's voice from the other side of the bathroom

"I'll be out right now"

I took a look at myself in the mirror. I really liked this dress. I just didn't know if it was really something I should wear.

I finally got the courage to step out of the bathroom by the look on Arlette and Hailey's I knew I was definitely gonna get berated if I didn't step out wearing this dress.

"YOU'RE WEARING THAT DRESS. I don't make the rules but you're wearing that no exceptions." Arlette squealed as she and Hailey jumped around like a bunch of toddlers

"Fine. I'll wear it"

"Now let's go Jon is supposed to be here to come get you any minute!!"

Despite the fact that this was literally a charity event
Arlette and Hailey had made me look a little extra for my taste. But I mean hey. I only live once.

As we walked down the stairs I could hear muffled talking. The only other person that was home was Anthony and the girls which either meant Jon had arrived and he was talking with my brother or Anthony was just on the phone.

As I walked down the stairs cautiously not wanting to be noticed. Anthony was the first to notice my presence.

"Looks like your plus one finally decided to come out of hiding" Anthony laughed as Jon turned around too look at me. The both of us making direct eye contact for a slight moment.

"Wow Andy. You look. Beautiful"

"Thanks. You look good too."

Somehow Jon and I ended up matching sort of. With him wearing, a black suit partnered with a red tie. Which easily matched with my red dress.

"You ready to go or do you need more time" Jon questioned. I could tell he was nervous for some reason as his hands started fidgeting.

"Oh yeah. I'm gonna just go say bye to the twins then I'll be out."

"Oh!! Let me say hi to them!!"

I laughed at him as I went to the stairs "Josie! Lizzie! Babies come here" I called there names as I stood at the bottom of the stairs

I heard their footsteps approaching the top of the stairs Lizzie coming by first and Josie following right behind her

"Mommy you look so pretty. You look like a princess!!" Josie smiled as she wrapped her arms tightly around my legs hugging me as Lizzie jumped around with Joy

"Thank you so much babies!"

"Did I hear my 2 favorite girls in the world" Jon laughed as he began approaching me and the twins as the two small children turned around. Practically sprinting towards him