Chapter 10: Just the two of us.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Put y'all seat belts on. And enjoy the shit show of events that are about to occur😌✋ (don't forget to vote and comment!!)
————————-
It was like any other day in the office. Except Jon and I still hadn't spoken a peep to each other. But maybe I was just overthinking everything. What if  he didn't even remember what the hell he said or tried to do.

"Andrea, are you even listening, or are you daydreaming?" Samuel one of the campaign advisers snapped in my face trying to get my attention.

Obviously, I hadn't been paying any attention to what he had been saying and I was gonna have to admit to it. "Oh my god, I'm sorry. Can you please repeat sorry?" 

The man rolled his eyes visibly annoyed "yes I can. All I said was you and Jon are gonna have to start doing door-to-door campaigning If want our voter turn out to be huge and well today would be a great day to start."

"Oh yeah I can do that..you're ok with it right Jon?"

I glanced over at Jon to make sure he heard "yeah that's fine with me!"

"Alright then go get to it!"

Jon and I started walking out of the office. Right off the bat, he was avoiding me and I could tell as he immediately pulled out his phone scrolling through messages and other things

"So are you gonna tell me why you're avoiding me?" I questioned

Jon looked up from his phone "I honestly would like to know the same. You haven't been answering my calls"

As we entered my car. I was a bit taken aback "me not answering your calls?? I called you a bunch of times and every time it went to voicemail you were the one that didn't answer. Crap I was pretty certain you were dead" I joked as we pulled out of the office parking lot.

"Well, I'm not. I'm right here."

"And so am I"

I could half tell for some reason Jon was just pretty off and didn't wanna talk to me. Every house we'd pull into the owner would assume we were a couple but Jon would quickly and sternly deny it, like he were offended or something.

"Ah what a lovely couple I will definitely place my vote for you!"

"Not a couple! But thank you so much, ma'am"

"Aw how sad you 2 would make a wonderful couple"

I laughed "so we've been told"

As we left that exact house I was so annoyed at Jon. We'd been going around neighborhoods for a good 2 hours and we'd barely even spoken to each other once or twice

I was so eager to try and know what his deal was. Because as far as I'm concerned I had done absolutely nothing to him to make him mad. That was unless he did remember, what happened that night and he had did what he did on purpose and not just some "silly drunken accident"

"So what's your deal??"

Jon looked at me confused "are you just gonna ignore me" I was originally gonna bring up his drunken speech but I didn't want to in the case that he didn't even remember

"Andy. I'm not ignoring you. And I'm not mad at you. It's Just I've been busy and I haven't been sleeping lately and I guess I can get pretty grouchy?"

"Oh..."

"But I'm here now. We're still friends. Everything's completely fine" Jon smiled lightly brushing his hand against my arm

"Right.."

So he didn't even remember what happened that night. Or was he just choosing not to remember what happened that night? But I guess that's a good thing. Because I of all shouldn't even have a crush on Jon so maybe he's the one being smarter by forgetting.