Chapter 13: Debate night.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Enjoy besties😌✋ And of course Vote and comment all you want. I love to see all the input!!)
—————————-
It was officially debate day. Jon had been practicing nonstop and well even when I would catch him staring off at me. We still kept our hands to ourselves and the promise of not being together just yet.

"Drea you really need to stop torturing yourself," Hailey spoke catching me off guard as I watched Jon from a distance. Practicing for his debate with interns Noah and Ethan that would take place later that day. "Shut up Hailey I'm not doing anything"

"You've literally been staring off at Jon for the last hour and a half Drea."

"I have not"

"Cut the b.s Drea, yes you have, and stop lying to yourself" Hailey sighed. She was right I had been staring at Jon for the last few hours. Eyeballing the chocolate brown curls that flew loose in the front of his face. His pale skin that had been getting paler and paler by the day thanks to the October freeze.

"And so what if I have been staring off at him. He and I aren't gonna happen so might as well enjoy the view while I still can. Right?"

"And that's my point, Andy. You know you still like him. And the fact that you told him you didn't wanna be with him-"

I cut her off making sure to get my words in "Ok no Hailey wait. I never said I didn't wanna be with him. I just said we couldn't be together yet."

"And what you're just gonna wait till November for him to finally win and boom you guys can be together. What if his election goes into a runoff. Are you gonna wait till that's over too? Are you scared or something?"

I looked at Hailey annoyed as ever yet also confused . "Who said anything about a runoff? There's not gonna be a runoff. Jon's gonna win in November and he's gonna be a senator before you know it.  END OF DISCUSSION" (A/n: bestie don't even know what's coming😭✋)

I may have been a little too mean to Hailey about this but it was true. There was not gonna be a runoff. Not on my watch.

Jon walked out of the conference room as he seemingly finished his debate practice and was just About to leave before he noticed Hailey and I standing outside the conference room

"everything ok guys?" He questioned

"Oh yeah, everything's fine!! Also how's that debate practice for tonight going?" I smiled trying to ignore the tension between Hailey and I.

"Oh thanks for asking. It's going great I really think I'm ready for tonight!"

"Well that's great!! Just hope you know I will of course be there to support you and so will Hailey!!"

"Does that also mean my two favorite people get to be there?" I definitely saw this question coming and I was full ready to give him an answer

"Well of course they'll be there!! They've been talking about this for weeks. They have outfits and everything"

Jon's face lit up as a smile grew on his face "Well I can't wait too see them"

"And they can't wait too see you. Now go home and get ready for your debate!!" I laughed as I nudged his arm lightly.

"I'm going I'm going!!! I'll see you tonight though!!"