Chapter 16: The less they know the better.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Enjoy besties, and like always don't forget to vote and comment!!
———————-
It was currently the end of November. The campaign for both senate runoffs were underway and it had been just about 2 weeks since the presidential race was called for Joe Biden making him the President-elect.

This definitely put a lot of stress on everyone in the office, being all eyes were on us. Not on Joe Biden. But on us, Since Jon and The second senate candidate, Raphael Warnock Wins, or losses in January would decide whether if the Democrats had control of the senate or not.

And to make things worse on my part. Now with Jon having most of the attention and having to constantly being on the road, and me having to accompany him while having to hide that we were together was definitely something I wasn't enjoying.

Today, Jon had a rally and while Hailey, Valerie, and I along with all the interns watched from the crowds I couldn't help but notice every so often Jon would shoot me a quick glance and I, of course, would give him a dangerous glance back hoping no one saw.

"Drea if you wanna flirt with your boyfriend at least don't make it obvious" Noah mumbled under his breath allowing only him and I too hear

You'd be surprised, only a few people in the office knew about Jon and I going official and as of now that only consisted of Hailey, Penelope, Valerie, Ethan, and Noah leaving basically everyone else in the dark.

"Is it really that obvious?"

"Well I mean your cheeks get red literally every time Jon looks in our direction so yes"

"I just don't know Noah, it's so hard not to just hide all of my emotions" I whined as I buried my face into my arms

Noah let out a loud scoff "oh don't act like the minute you guys get on that damn bus, you guys don't get all cuddly and weird-"

"Yeah but that's a more private setting"

Noah's side glared at me "it's sure as hell, not a private setting if I have to sit and watch through it for hours on end."

I rolled my eyes at him lightly smacking his chest as just at that moment Jon had finished his speech. Once we saw him starting to exit the stage Hailey Penelope Noah Valerie Ethan and I all sprinted to the side of the stage where we could meet Jon.

I had my arms wide open as the minute he was just inches away I wrapped my arms around his torso "was I good out there?" Jon questioned making me pull away from our hug

"Yes you were, but I mean you're always great so nothing new"

Jon pressed a kiss on my nose as we both started talking amongst ourselves completely forgetting where we were and just zoning out everyone. Even seemed like we had forgotten that Hailey stood directly in front of us.

Hailey who was pretty much near falling asleep coughed out loudly, getting Jon and I's attention. "Guys I know you wanna be all lovey-dovey but can't it wait till we get back on the bus I'm tired as shit"

Jon and I laughed "I'm sorry!! Come on guys let's get going before Hailey starts getting grouchy" I called out to Penelope and Noah as we started heading towards the bus getting ready to head back to the hotel and catch up on some much-needed sleep after a long long week.

As we all got onto the bus I made sure to make myself comfortable right next to Jon laying my head on his shoulder as he scrolled through his phone.

Things had been going great with Jon and I. He was definitely spending a lot more time at my place now that we were officially dating and the girls both seemed to enjoy, just about every moment he was there