Heartbreak Anniversary-C.B.

A/N: This is kind of a request for Pietro_simp9. They asked me to do another Clint one, so hopefully you like it!!

-----------------------------

It has been 9 days, 5 hours, and 30 minutes since you had seen him, but as much as it pained you, you knew it was for the best. It wasn't like he wasn't trying to see you; he was, but you knew that it would only add to the pain. You knew eventually you would have to leave your apartment and go back to work, but everyone knew what had happened, and you couldn't bear to see the pitiful looks on their faces when you returned. Today, you decided that it was time to get out of the house for a little bit. So you got up from your bed and got dressed. When you got to the kitchen there was a knock on the door, without thinking about it you opened the door.

There he stood, a bouquet of your favorite flowers in hand. "Please don't close the door. I have something  to say."

You roll your eyes. "If it's the same stuff on the voicemails, then I know exactly what you're going to say, and I don't want to hear it."

"It's not the same, please. Can I just come inside so we can talk?"

"5 minutes. But you have to leave after that."

"Deal. I promise, 5 minutes." You turn around and walk to your couch, already dreading this whole thing. It's not like you wanted to break up, but you couldn't keep doing it; the constantly leaving, the broken promises. You couldn't keep doing it.

"Y/n, I know that you couldn't count on me before. But I promise that this will be different."

"You never kept your promises before. Ever."

"I know, baby, and I'm so sorry, but I can do better. Be better."

"Why should I believe you? You've done nothing to show me that you actually care!"

"I quit. I gave Fury my resignation two days ago."

"What?!?"

"I knew that I wouldn't be able to give you what you deserved if I didn't leave the avengers. I want to keep my promises, and I want us to work. I'll do whatever it takes."

"So you really quit? Just like that?"

"Yeah, just like that."

"What happened to never leaving? That was one of our biggest fights. You said that you were never quitting and that I should give up on trying to get you to leave. What changed?"

"Honestly? As cheesy as it sounds, losing you changed everything. I want you more than anything in the world. It's just a job."

"I can't. I can't believe you quit. And more importantly, that you're springing this on me, expecting me to what? Take you back?"

"I don't expect anything from you. I'm hoping that you will, but I understand if you don't. I just wanted you to hear it from me."

"What are you going to do now?"

"Well, I was thinking about teaching as a job. Maybe archery or painting. Something that gives me reliable hours and being able to be there for you, for us."

"Clint, I left because I found out something significant and didn't feel like I could share it with you because you were never there."

"What is it? Are you okay? Are you dying?" he asks with a panicked voice

"I'm pregnant. Not too far along, I was going to tell you soon but wanted to clear my head first. I'm sorry."

"You're pregnant?! That's amazing." He looks at you with such joy in his eyes. He looks almost like he wants to cry. You feel so relieved that you were able to tell him finally.

"I thought you were going to be mad, upset, or even scared; I didn't think that you were going to be this excited."

"Are you kidding me? I get to have a child with the woman I love most in this world. How could I be anything but thrilled?"

"Because it's a lot to deal with, and we're not even together." you sigh, you wanted to take him back, but you still had your doubts about him actually quitting.

"I'll do whatever I can to win you back, and I'll be there for every appointment. I promise you that I'll be there."

--------------

3 months later, you guys were at the anatomy scan, hoping to find out the gender today. Clint has kept his word so far and been there for everything, he hasn't missed a single appointment, and he even came over at 2 in the morning one night when you were upset because you ran out of ice cream.

You still haven't learned to trust him again completely, but this was a step in the right direction; you really wished that you could jump back in and even contemplated calling him a couple of times because you missed him. But there was still a part of you that was scared, and rightfully so.

"Alright, mom and dad, ready to see what we're having?" your dr asked as she stepped into the room.

"Yes, please." you both said simultaneously, looking at each other and laughing a little. Once the dr got seated, she squirted the gel on your baby bump and began to look at your precious little human.

"So it looks like we're having..... a little boy! Congratulations!" You looked at Clint and smiled.

"We're having a little boy." you said quietly and grabbed his hand.

"I'll let you get cleaned up, and then we can schedule your next appointment out front." After handing you a towel she left the room.

You wiped off the gel and sat up, looking at Clint. "We should talk."

He looked confused but nodded before helping you off the table. You two walked out to the front office and scheduled your next appointment before heading out.
"Did you want to get something to eat while we talk? My treat." Clint asked with a small smile
"Yeah. That sounds like fun." He helped you get into his car before running around to the other side and getting in. You guys found a little cafe and decided to sit outside because it would be a shame to let a beautiful day go to waste.
Once you two had ordered, he sat there looking at you with a smile on his face "What? Why are you looking at me like that?"
"Because you look so beautiful and I can't help it." You smiled at his words, it felt so good to hear him talk to you like he did in the beginning.
"So you said you wanted to talk, what's going on?" He asked not looking away from you
"Right. So I've been thinking a lot about us and our situation and how great you've been through this whole thing."
"Okay?"
"And I guess I was wondering if you still wanted to be with me? And I wanted to talk more about the job thing."
"Of course I still want to be with you. I love you y/n, that's never going to change. And what about the job thing?"
"I think I might have overreacted, about you being away all the time and I wanted to apologize. You love being an avenger, I don't want to take that away from you. So if you still want to do that, I think it's something I can live with. Just maybe cut back on the amount of time you're in the field?"
"Wait. Seriously? Are you sure? Because I don't have to do it. I'm really okay with teaching."
"Clint, I love you. But I know that it makes you feel a lot better being able to help save lives and protect the world."
"Okay. I will talk to Fury, he's been trying to get me to come back this whole time actually. I just kept turning him down."
You guys go about the rest of your day, do some shopping for your little man on the way and eventually land back at your apartment. "So should I go or do you want me to stay?" Clint asks putting the last bag in the soon to be nursery. "I'd like it if you stayed. Maybe even permanently?"
"Maybe we should look into getting a bigger place, with little man coming." He smiles at you and you walk closer to him before leaning in to kiss him.

Finally your world get complete again. You had the love of your life and your baby, it couldn't get any better.

———————
A/N: Hope you guys enjoyed this one!!
Couple things, I'm currently working two new stories to put up after this one and I was thinking about writing either a Chris Evans or Andy Barber fanfic. Which one would you guys prefer?? Let me know in the comments!!