I Got You- S.R.

A/N: Okay for starters sorry it's another Steve one but in my defense this one has been sitting in my brain trying to work its way out. 

Also Trigger Warning: Mentions of abuse, abusive relationship. So please be prepared, this whole imagine will be about an abusive relationship so please read with caution. Thank you!

////

There you were against the chest of the only man in the world who seemed to care about you. Your best friend, Steve Rogers. You were curled up in a ball while he held you. You were sobbing into his chest because of the events that had happened only an hour before.

"You think you can finally tell me what happened?" Steve asked while stroking your hair, his concern for you, his voice alone was enough to calm you  "C-Can you please keep talking to me? It's helping? you sob out before clutching him tighter 

"Of course I can, anything for you doll." That nickname rolled of his tongue making your whole body relax in his arms, just as he was about to start talking to you his door opens "Jeez man what did you do-" Sam stops after a hand against his chest comes quickly from Bucky who stood there in front of him looking down at the small beaten and bruised woman in front of him "Hey! Don't you ever put your hand on me Gramps" Sam spits out earning a look from Bucky before he nods his head in your direction "Guys now is not a great time. I'll find you later and we can talk" Steve says holding you tighter against his body almost like he was scared that Bucky or Sam would rip you out of his arms. 

They turn around and leave without so much as another sound, you pull away from Steve barely crying anymore "Okay, I'm ready to talk" you finally felt like you could talk without being scared, you climbed off of Steve lap and sat next to him.

"Okay Stevie, what I'm about to tell you is going to be hard for you to hear but I need you to try your best to be calm. Okay?" he nods and you quickly take a breath in "So that guy I've been with, Alex, well he likes to hit things. Sometimes its just a wall but most the time it's me, I don't really know what I did today to make it this bad but apparently it was something, he came home for lunch and I was sitting on the couch. I asked him if he wanted me to make something to eat and he snapped he just started beating on me until I passed out. I eventually woke up and he was gone but I couldn't stay so I called you" you look at him and he's gripping the bed so hard that you're afraid it's going to break.

Steve stands up quickly and starts pacing "He put his hands on you?" he finally spit out after almost 10 minuets of silence , you just nod "I'm gonna kill him!" Steve yells and you quickly curl up in a ball scared of what he might do, he looks over to you and sees that he has scared you. 

He drops to his knees in front of you "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have yelled. I just can't believe that someone would do this to you." you finally look him the eyes and see that they aren't the same gorgeous blue they always have been but instead they are a dark blue approaching grey and the tears are welling up causing you to release from the ball you were in and put your hands on his face "I'm okay Stevie, I've dealt with this before" you try to comfort him but it seems like it just makes it worse.

"I just can't believe it, you of all people. You're so sweet and caring why would anyone ever want to hurt you?" his words make you fall deeper in love with him than you were over these last 3 years. You and Steve had met completely by accident in this record shop, he was looking for something from the 40s and you were looking for some classical music. You just happened to run into the brick wall of a man. It was fast friends for you two, you quickly started hanging around the tower and getting to know everyone and that was when Nat set you up on a date, which turned into a relationship with Alex.