Letter One

•✧─────────✦☆✦────────✧•

Hogwarts, April 26th, 1978

Dear Gammaliel,

  I do not believe in a higher power; in Gods, angels, demons, deities, whatever you want to name it. But the day we first kissed: I prayed.

  Or at least, I believe I did.

  For every time your lips touched mine, I tried to murmur them, praises and gratefulness . . . things people often spoke in prayers. Though, I didn't know nor did I understand who was I praying to, but I was determined. I wished to never forget the feeling when you kissed me.

         Oddly, I do, I remember it. I remember wanting to write it down on a brand-new parchment with permanent ink. Just to cherish the idea that it was the day I realised I was locked out of heaven. But if I should put it down in words of what I felt I would describe it, poorly.

The next time we kissed, we were half sober, drunk in feelings, and I had called you a Goddess. It slipped out of my mouth in the haste of euphoria. You laughed, claiming it was an exaggeration of mine. So, I spent the entire night determining what endearment should I address you with.

Lord knows it was a tricky thing to find an endearment for such a gorgeous being. You went with Gem to your friends, Gemma for acquaintances you barely know besides their first name. I wanted something different, I couldn't come up with one by the time sunrise poked my eyes. Then I thought, why should I stick to one? So, I used a few at once.

You were my love, in times when I'm at a loss for words. I remembered seeing you in the library that day, those blue eyes of yours had stored every bead of sunrays that stroke through the window. Or that time we went to Slughorn's Christmas party, you were so divine. On both occasions, I picked the word my love, because I had to convince myself again that you were mine.

You were darling when things get a little playful. You would be laughing, annoyed, or flustered over my cheeky innuendos. I treasure that scarlet shade on your face and you would furrow your brows or hide your face. But nothing I've liked more than the look on your face when you received flowers from me it was as if you were holding rainbows in your arms, you were such a darling.

You were Gi, every time either of us was in discomfort. Gi was a simple syllable that had become our safe zone, an exclusive nickname that only you and I know of. The excitement on your face was apparent, it was the same look you gave me when we witnessed a falling star, but I know that was because you know no one would call you Gi but me.