chapter seven

.  ·  。. ·  ゜✭

✫  ·  ゜· 。

✫ · ゜· 。.

07. dance until you die
( play video above when the woman
claps. you'll know when you read. )

ANNIE SAT AT THE DINNER TABLE BETWEEN CHARLES AND ERIK. Her heart pounded in her chest. It would be the first time since yesterday that they'd made contact and spoke again. She managed to keep her exterior calm, though, while she worried on the inside. She glanced at Charles, and he looked into her eyes, making her stomach fill with butterflies. Their eye contact was broken, however, when Natasha placed a meat tart down, sending her a wink.

"Thank you, Nat." She murmured, eyeing the food in front of her. She still felt intensely nervous due to the words that Jean told her earlier, about if she went missing that they killed her. Normally, she would have brushed it off, but while grabbing the tray of meat tarts from the oven earlier, she heard a shrill scream that sounded unnervingly similiar to Jean's voice.

Natasha then sat Erik's tray in front of him, smirking down at him as she did so as if she knew something. Erik responded to her act with a thanks, and checked the meat tart for anything suspicious, also finding her facial expression odd.

"Has anyone seen Jean?" Annie questioned, staring at the forest where Jean took off toward. She was afraid that the scream she heard earlier resonated from her. She then looked to Charles for any answers, but he only glanced back into the direction Annie was staring.

"I think Logan saw her earlier." Erik mentioned.

"I'm sure I saw her trying out for the sprinting Olympics earlier." He joked, toying with his fork.

"What? Where?"

"Sorry, but I can say what happened." Another voice interjected. He had raven hair and a goatee. His tone was light and playful, as if they weren't simply worried for her well-being. "Her boy toy called the landline from the train station and calmed Jean down. Then she begged our pardon, and I drove her to meet him."

"Okay, well, that's a relief." Erik sighed.

"Why would Scott leave without her?" She persisted, wanting answers. Her suspicion of the commune was growing. She felt guilty for thinking this despite the kindness they showed her, but there were too many holes in their story.

"I'm sure it was just a miscommunication." Erik tried, wringing his hands.

Annie rolled her eyes and turned away from him. Did no one find anything wrong with this? She broke a small piece of her meat tart and bit into it, chewing quietly. "I could see you possibly doing that." She remarked, and Charles looked away in respect, and because he found this awkward for Erik.