Chapter Four - It's That One Percent That He'll Turn Into A Chicken

Here's chapter four! I honestly feel weird that this chapter has no line breaks and it makes it look short (in my opinion) ://

Anywho, hope you enjoy!

Warning: Swearing and cuss words may be present. Please read with caution, thank you!

————————

Placing a hand on her stomach, dreading the ache that came along with eating that much American food, and swirling her tongue inside her mouth as she can still taste a hint of their dinner, Marinette was ready to lie down on her bed and take a nice, long nap (preferably forever) and just throw away anything and everything outside the window (well, who knows if she'll actually take that nap; she and sleeping never really got along that well).

Shaking her head at the thought, she almost laughs at how ridiculous the idea is. Marinette and sleeping? In the same sentence? Seriously, by Chloé's words, it is Ridiculous! Utterly Ridiculous!

She was just about to open the door to her room when she feels a small tap at the tip of her shoulders. Twirling around to face whoever it was that decided to give her that minimal physical contact because if you're going to do it, then you better do it right and give her a whole damn hug because if you think a measly tap is all she's going to accept as your payment to her love, you've got another thing coming.

She pouts and opens her mouth, ready to (playfully) berate the person for only giving her a tap and not a back hug, only for the words to die down on her lips as an Italian brunette comes into her view, sporting a frown as though Marinette was the one who tapped her on her shoulder, not the other way around.

Stopping the snarl that's slowly forcing its way on her face, she folds her arms against her chest and tilts her head to the side with a raise of an eyebrow. "Can I help you?"

The brunette scowls harder and Marinette almost wanted to roll her eyes at her, almost. "Get away from Adrien," she orders.

What? She stopped her from going into her room to rest just because of that? Didn't they already establish that that's not going to happen?

"Didn't we go over this already? He's my friend and he's not yours, so why are you still bothering me?" The ravenette's frown deepens impossibly so. Really, what is this girl's problem? First, she takes away her friends (which, now that she thinks about it, doesn't seem pretty friendly at all considering they just up and left her for some girl with pretty words) and now, she blames her when the guy she likes hates her? That's not her fault! If anything, she should double-check if she's even likable in the first place!

Sighing and pinching the bridge of her nose, she shakes her head and mutters a prayer under her breath to The Creator Himself for patience because if she asked for any more strength, everyone would be dead.

"You–You must've done something to get him to rebel against his father! I knew you were a bad influence!" the brunette shrieks like a little, hypocritical witch and turns her head to the side like some snotty, little brat. Is she for real?! Can she even hear herself?! It was Gabriel who finally listened to his son and agreed to Adrien's wishes; he did not rebel!

Marinette tightens her fist and feels her hands shake with pure rage. This girl is unbelievable! "Why are you so hung up on me?! Don't tell me you actually have a crush on me, that's why you keep on bothering me?!" she all but shouts because she's not going to yell and disturb the possibly sleeping people in their vicinity. That's just plain rude.

She watches with mild shock and confusion as Lila's face burn bright red. Is she blushing because of embarrassment or is her face red because she's just mad?