Chapter Six - Chaotic Aura

...

*immediately drops to my knees and bows into a dogeza*

I beg for everyone's forgiveness and I will take it if you would like to give out punishment.

(yes, it's supposed to sound that formal)

*insert ugly crying noises* It's been a really long time, I know, I'm sorry!

I'm really really sorry! I know it doesn't really make any difference because all I do is say and not do but still, I'm really sorry!

It's been like half a year—six months!—since I updated and I know some of you may have dropped this because of how long you've waited for an update and I completely understand that. And for those who stayed, thank you very much! I'll try not to let you down too much (I can't really promise to update more because my brain is just that lazy but I will try!) 😔

So, um, without further ado, please enjoy :')

Warning: Swearing and cuss words may be present. Please read with caution, thank you!

————————

Marinette's morning started on the right side for a short while... before it turned into utter chaos.

Allow her to elaborate.

Firstly, for some reason, there was a bit of sunlight creeping into Gotham's cloudy skies (which was a bit weird since she heard that Gotham has typically dark and murky skies all season). The air smelled a bit cleaner than it did when they first arrived, and she and Juleka had even bonded for a while before they joined their classmates down the lobby and waited outside for their bus to arrive.

But, as the saying goes, all good things come to an end. Because Lila freaking started again! She swears it's like she can't even take a break around here.

She was there—just minding her own business—when Lila decided to bother her. It isn't that her deciding to drag Marinette into her conversation with Alya about Kwami-knows-what is a bother (who was she kidding? It is a bother), it's just that they have this unspoken rule not to spite the other person for no reason or out of the blue unless they were starting one of their unsolicited class fights.

But she guesses that Lila is still going to be a headache no matter where they go.

With a sigh, she focuses back on Kim's tirade about his newest dare with Alix that strangely involved banana peels, hot pink glitter, a bucket of glue, roller skates, and a yellow jumpsuit... Yeah, she also doesn't quite understand.

With a smile—albeit a rather confused one—Marinette watches quietly as her friends converse with each other while they all board their bus and sit in their respective places.

She sat between Adrien—who's in a middle seat—and Chloé—who's sleeping with an eye mask on, with Max and Kim sitting together behind them while Alix sits by herself on the seats beside because, by her words, she wants to hog all two seats for herself to lay down on like a Queen Bee 2.0 (and Chloé was strangely okay with her using her name like that!).

Really, thank the heavens Alix is on the shorter side of the human spectrum, otherwise, she'd be curling in on herself and cramping her back.

"You good there, Alix?" Marinette calls out to the girl who's currently lying down with her head resting on her hand that's propped on her elbow like she's sitting on a gold-encrusted sofa, smirking as Alix pinches her index finger and thumb together with the three fingers remaining raised to show an "OK" sign as she nods her head in response (add in a pair of sunglasses and her gangster look would've been complete).