CHAPTER 13 - WHO ARE YOU REALLY

———-
sad day I am no longer able to put the cute borders, but since a lot have been wanting smut I'm sorry I cannot post it....but dang it's been a hot min, we all prob aged a year or two now, and I'm finally ready to come back. I have already got to work on fixing the grammar and stuff and re-read my cringe story....ew. and I also updated the Spotify link too...I'm sorry again guys I've missed you and ur funny little jokes in the comments...yall fr got trust issues Mb.
———

You couldn't see anyone at the moment. All the reports kept bouncing around in your mind like a tetherball.

You had postponed seeing Bakugou in fear you would ruin the image of heroes to him. He was just a child and to keep the image of self-righteous and unbreakable you decided to let him have an easy day of sorting your work.

Sitting in your chair you can hear your heart pound in your ears you stoop up very weakly.

All of this information hit you like a truck, things you wish you didn't know, and things you wished he could have personally told you.

You thought you had gotten a friend, someone that shared the same ideals as you...but he was out befriending the enemies.

If word had got out it would turn Japan into a frenzy because then who can we trust...

If they had trained Him to infiltrate and lie...then who was he...And what was your purpose in this?

———
Later that day you had received news on the hero commission that you were to be a part of a bigger task.

The heroes were going to start a whole war.
The meeting was to be held tomorrow afternoon and no doubt you would see many of your colleagues there.

Even hawks himself.

you had hoped he was as nervous to see you as you were to see him. you hoped that he wouldn't show up at all actually.

the thought of you and him locking eyes in the conference room made you nausea. you know that those perfect eyes that you once adored because of the coat of freedom that reflected off of them would pull you back to him and accept any apology he had to muster up.

who you did owe an apology to was Sora. he has been trying to reach you since the fall of All Might and you can't find yourself to face him either. He knows out of anyone that this truly affected all-pro heroes since all the pressure is now on them and Endeavor...

you wrote a mental note that you would contact him after tomorrow's conference.

------

Hawks pov

1 day left.

1 day too many until I can see (y/n)

while spending time with the LOV the more I've missed her. I'm sure Dabi can see that.

While we were planning my mind has been aloof, I just can focus and gather my thoughts. the constant reminder of how I left her that night and how in a way I'm betraying our morals. the ones we fought tooth and nail to prove. Tomorrow is the day of the conference, the day I have to backstab the hero commission for a moment to prove my loyalty...ironic enough.

I push through the doors of the hideout to be greeted by twice and Dabi waiting for the rest to show up. Like routine, I don't say much just a slight acknowledgment to the two as I make myself comfortable.

while everyone has now established that I'm not much of a threat as they thought I would be, This dabi guy just won't be fooled like the rest of them. he always seems to keep me at arm's reach and has that look in his dead cold eyes. the look I know all too well.

the rest trickled in with fits of discussion, "-if we strike tomorrow it will be too soon!" Toga blurts as Shigaraki seemed to dismiss her as if she wasn't even there. the rest settled in their assigned spots as Shigaraki Cleared his throat.

he scanned the room and his eyes lingered a little longer on my person than the rest. I looked at him with a deadpan stare. what if he knows? what if he knew? knew everything. I know he had ways of finding things out...what if he had found out about (y/n).

Shigaraki looked away and then addressed the room " while we have been working on the downfall of hero society and their corrupt ways, it comes to our attention that they are holding some sort of meeting tomorrow." he looks at me again and gives a slight sinister smirk " thanks to our little birdie we can strike all the heroes in one place...catch them off guard of sorts." these things never get easier.

while I know many of my friends will call me a traitor and blacklist me, I know it will be fine. some heroes have already been informed of the plan, the pro heroes of UA and some outside heros will be on high alert waiting for our attack. It's going all planned as the hero commission said.

I just couldn't help feeling a burning intense gaze on me while everyone thanked and awed at my newfound dedication to the team.

-------

regular pov

" So when are we going on patrol again?! these past days have been shitty training exercises and me doing your damn work!" the explosive boy woke you from your deep spiraling thoughts and brought you back to reality.

the door was wide open as he stood with a pile of papers that seemed to be finished. you blinked still trying to process the thoughts that came out of the little angry Pomeranian. he stepped inside deeper into your office and dumped the stack on top of the once dreadful folder that left you a mess.

you gave him the look and took one of the papers from the stack he just dumped and looked them over while speaking " well lucky for you" you looked up to meet his intense gaze " we are going to a super important meeting with a bunch of pro heroes, a real-life hero experience not many younglings like you get to experience." you ended that with the fakest smile your tired body lets you.

he didn't seem to take that responsibility too well " with that shitty fake smile you aren't foolin me." with those words he went off and you were baffled " RESPECT YOUR ELDERS" you shouted after him " you act like we aren't 6 years apart relax!" and with that, he was out of your vision.

---

next day you woke up full and a bit energized for this meeting. mentally you were not prepared for what was about to happen but it couldn't be that bad right? well yes, it could get worse.

Sora: ill see you in a few hours, ill bring some coffee for that boring and long meeting we are about to endure. is a vanilla latte okay?

you felt your brain go numb as you felt your whole body go hot. "NONONO" you internally shouted as you dropped your phone on your bed.

it could get much much worse.