C H A P T E R 9- LITTLE DARK AGE

4 day time skip

The plan for the league of villains was finalized and hawks was not even aware of it. They had purposely left him out of it for the chance of not trusting him.

Dabi was learning to be a bit more compassionate with him now feeling a more secure connection with the man then ever. After that small talk it seemed like he was being genuine, and that was enough for him to trust him, at least more then he did before.

They would carry out with the plan today since everything was going according to plan and all might was on his last strand of power.

During this time you where out and about with sora. Ever since hawks started disappearing more and going awol it was getting lonely.

But sora was there to come and fill your social bar when ever you asked. Your bond was almost inseparable and you felt safe with him anywhere you went.

It was only the morning of the next day and he was already over helping you make breakfast. Many would say this was dating but never once has he brought it up, he kept it casual, like a best friend.

A part of you hurt because he hasn't even brought up the idea but it was probably for the best. You never wanted what you two had to end and especially not over a break up.

" well what are you doing for work today?" You asked while sitting at your island counter as you watched him pour his orange juice as he plated the food you had helped prepare

" the usual, patrol, maybe crack a joke to joke and hear her laugh for the next 10 minutes" he laughed slightly while placing the plate in front of you

" what about you miss "I own my own agency"? What is your daily routine like" he asked while sitting Across from you.

You sighed " not as fun as yours" you pout while looking at the delicious meal the two of you prepared " it starts off by hearing the list of meetings and things I have to attend, then now I have bakugo under my wing so I have to dedicate time to him...paper work...lots and lots of it" you groan just thinking of the growing stack that was waiting your desk

He smiled " hang in there I'll help you with it if you like. Miss joke Doesn't often take jobs so I never get as swarmed as you do but I can easily take a load off of your back" you lean more forward on the counter and take his hands into yours and look at him with sparkling eyes " you my friend, are a absolute hero"

He blushed and gave you a closed eyed smile

" I guess you can say hero's need hero's too "

Your heart jumped while your grip tightened a bit and cleared your throat " I would like to retract my statement" you scoffed while taking a bite of the delicious food. Everything just tasted better now.

———————————

" Katsuki Bakugo.." you mumbled while looking over his provided file from UA. They have given everything you possibly needed to know. From the things he excels at and the things that he lacks in, what his background is and what his quirk is to the detail. It was almost as scary to just have these files laying around, with so much information from one person, especially a up and coming hero, could be detrimental to him.

" yeah yeah get on with it, when do we get to the good stuff? Like blowing enemies into smitheries" his face twisting of something similar to a blood thirsty murder.

You looked up at the young hero and rolled up his file and bonked him on the head.

Silence was now laced in the air the only sound being the papers being unrolled and placed in your desk. Needless to say bakugo was speechless.

" is that what you see hero's?" You broke the painful silence with a question that still was controversial to you. A hero was anything you perceived it to be.

" you mentioned in your letter that you wanted to be the next #1 hero, and by the looks of it you are way far gone then you think." You stood up inching towards him, this was how you where taught. There was never sugar coating or rose colored glasses when being told anything.

Life was unfair like that, while some children were
out getting love and praise by just breathing and being a typical child, the praise you revived was just positive reinforcement. You never got the easy talk on anything, no matter how obedient and amazing they made you...life was not sugar coated for you.

" A hero is someone who "we" determine to have demonstrated behaviors and decisions that are ethically and emotionally worthy of our awe. We see in them something we think is not in us. We regard their nerve and commitment in high esteem; we aim to be as courageous and focused as they've been to achieve what they set out to do. A hero is someone who does something we can't do, don't want to do, or don't think we can do. It's the influence that our hero's achievement has on us, and what we can ascertain from the battle and adversity they've endured."

You spoke almost coldly thinking of all the things you have had to endure to get in your position that wasn't even a option to opt out.

" when becoming a hero your first thought should be the people you are giving your life to protect. And if you think people want a blood thirsty and power hungry #1 hero you are sadly mistaken" you stepped away from the now wide eyed Bakugo.

Maybe you might of touched a nerve but it needed to have been said. He needed some sort of encouragement when the time came. He needed to hear these words before it was to late.

Sooner or later they would soon understand that becoming a hero is just a tainted and corrupt system to have control over the people. and when, no, if he ever found out you would want your own words to be the impact to change the new reformed society.

You saw how bothered his face seemed to be and you knew you might of taken your lecture a bit to far.

" all might, you idolize him right?" You paused before continuing " when tapping into who you think is worthy of your awe keep him in your sight, he's what you deem to be a hero" you looked at him peeking up once more

" aim to be as a provable and focused as he is" you took a ear piece and threw it to Bakugo. He caught it and looked at it and looked back at you " what's this for?" He finally spoke up after letting your words sink into his thick skull.

You gave a warm smile, something you should of done since the beginning of the orientation

" common we are going on a patrol" your voice was more inviting and less intimidating, almost like a motherly atmosphere filled the room.

Bakugo scoffed but he knew in the inside he was gonna come out with the experience he DIDN'T know he needed

—- just want to warn I haven't written in so long so I'm so sorry if it's just all over the place at this point