Chapter 1 - Hide And Seek

☽︎𒊹︎︎︎☾︎

"Miss Àimèe, get down from there!"

Giggles and melodies of laughter surrounded the grassy hill, along with the sounds of distress from the tired nanny of Àimèe. The five year old toddler was proudly living up to her title of being a hyperactive child, unfortunately for the babysitters.

With a pout, the young child begrudgingly decided to climb down from the tree she was on top on. Once she was on level ground, young Àimèe was bombarded with scolding from the elder maids.

Everly, Àimèe's unfortunate nanny, soon brought the said girl back into the Ginemoux Manor, promptly ignoring the pout the toddler had.

Once inside the Manor, Àimèe ran up the stairs and into her room, eager to ignore Everly who had started to shout at her to slow down and walk carefully.

Inside the room was another toddler of the same age as Àimèe, but unlike the energetic child, this little girl was calmly sitting in front of the mirror, silent as her nanny brushed her blonde locks.

The door opened, earning the attention of the two females in the room. A small brunette head emerged from the other side, a cheeky grin planted on her face, along with a look of mischief.

Àimèe walked in, her face masked in faux innocence, as the if she had not done something again. But, of course, almost everyone already knew that if she had that look, she had definitely done something.

Catherine, who was already very familiar with this look, giggled and asked, "What did you do now, A?"

Àimèe giggled as well, but said nothing. Instead, she skipped over to her bed, and just as she sat down, the door reopened, showing a distressed Everly. Catherine's nanny, Margo, gave Everly a pitiful look, knowing well what Àimèe was capable of.

Which is mostly about giving the servants gray hair.

☽︎𒊹︎︎︎☾︎

If there was something that everybody could agree on, it was the fact that Catherine was the favored twin. She did not complain, she was not stubborn, and most of all, she could easily rein her older sister back.

Catherine was the epitome of kindness and softness. Even though she was merely five years of age, everyone could already see that she would grow up wonderfully and beautifully.

"Àimèe, Momma and Papa are gonna be angry if we're not ready." Her older sister's words were all it took for the young brunette to pout and walk over to her vanity after a long while of running away from Everly.

Everly sighed in relief that she did not need to run around the room any longer. With a content smile, she brushed Àimèe's straight brown hair.

Mary had just finished putting on Catherine's blush pink ombre dress that had layered ruffles on it. Catherine smiled in thanks at her caretaker and twirled around the mirror, giggling happily at her look.

She turned around and walked over to her sister who at the same time was wearing her mustard yellow tulle dress. Àimèe grinned once she was set and twirled in front of her sister, Catherine eagerly giving the older one a compliment.

Everly had wanted to make Àimèe wear something more extravagant for the occasion, but Àimèe would squirm and complain vehemently. Catherine also helped her plead the caretaker, which left Everly no choice.